MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say "hi" and introduce myself.

I found this site a week ago and it helped me cement the idea that getting a M&P 9 full size with night sights was a good idea.

I wanted to get a polymer framed pistol that was light and could be used for various applications such as home defense, IDPA, spare, etc. My wife might use the gun and she has a Kimber 1911 style 9mm handgun so I liked the 11 degree grip angle and narrowness of the gun so she would find it familiar out of the box.

Well, also the fact that there is a rebate of $50.00 and two free mags plus I have two other S&W in the collection: a 5.5" Model 41 and a PC952-1 (An auto 9mm) which I really really like. I also like the S&W customer service, warranty and the fact that it's made in the USA!

To help me with my decision I read the Gunbast dot com review and found ToddG's web site, looked through the S&W catalog (which they were kind enough to send me), compared other guns, other web sites input, etc...

Lots of great resources here like what kind of holster to get, Surefire weapon light compatibility, M&P general reliability (the 30K round torture test...) and on and on...

Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute my speck of insight but looks like everything has been covered.

Since I'm in California I have to wait my 10 days before I can even see it again but that will go fast enough.

That's my long winded story and here's to M&P ownership!

Olav

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Welcome

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts