MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. I'm ShooterGranny, here and on a couple other forums, in case the name sounds familiar to anyone. I've been shooting for well over 20 years and used to be a 9mm "Glock Girl" but arthritis and thumb and wrist bone damage put an end to the double stacks, so I had to find all new single stack guns in smaller calibers.

At this point in time I own a Shield .380 EZ and an M&P .22 compact. And a couple other brands in both calibers. The EZ has "the usual" stovepipe problems but other than that it is fun to shoot. The target in my avatar was shortly after I bought the EZ and I was shooting to the left, which is not "normal" for a left handed shooter. For me it was easier to move the rear sight a tiny bit than to try to figure what the heck I was doing wrong. It's been on center since - when I am.

The M&P .22 compact is just plain a joy to shoot. I have somewhere between 1,000 and 2,000 rounds through it - maybe a lot more since I don't keep count. It's not ammo picky like at least one of my other .22 guns is.

One of my friends also has the .22 compact and is ready to graduate to a larger caliber and I'm hoping that the information I find here can help her make a good decision.

I hope to learn good things for myself and my shooting buddies, and to contribute also.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! Glad to have you with us. I'm with you on the M&P 22 compact. It is also the gun I find the most fun to shoot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the welcome messages. My friend was just about ready to buy a Shield EZ in 9mm but now after reading so many problem posts, she will continue to look and trial shoot a bunch of others. She is not in a hurry and researches everything thoroughly. She appreciated my forwarding one of the threads (discussions) from here to add to her stash of information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts