MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 9mm M&P Sunday in Oklahoma City. Only fired a couple of boxes so far but, have nothing but good to say so far. Gonna browse around in here a bit and see what's going on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have a question.

Why does it say on the slide "CAPABLE OF FIRING WITH MAGAZINE REMOVED" if this is not true?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The M&P comes with and without mag. safety. Most of the ones that don't have the mag. safety say that on the slide. However, don't rely on it because some don't have the safety or the warning.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
roadrat52 said:
I already have a question.

Why does it say on the slide "CAPABLE OF FIRING WITH MAGAZINE REMOVED" if this is not true?

Are you saying that even though your M&P has "CAPABLE OF FIRING WITH MAGAZINE REMOVED" etched on the slide that your does indeed have the magazine safety? Did you buy it new? If so I would call S&W customer service @ 1-800-331-0852 x2905 and see what they say.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bad.

I was looking at some fine pics a poster put up on this forum and shared them with some friends when one of them said "I thought your new pistol had a safety that would not allow this to happen". I immediately jumped on here to ask since I couldn't remember if mine had the engraving or not.

Sorry.

·
Site Staff
9,612 Posts
Welcome to another Okie!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts