MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I just joined to learn about this new pistol I ordered. Being a southpaw with wrecked hands, I'll need to equip it with a Slide Racker and Extended Mag Release that can be moved to the right side. I read about Springer Precision's model and it's issues from being switched to the other side. Also,if anyone has used a Slide Racker with their MP 2.0 could you advise me as to which model worked best? They offer one with 'dual sides' and a single- sided one. Any help is certainly appreciated! Mike

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've been using a Handi Racker for years. I think it is the best. It comes in different sizes, so find out which one you need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been using a Handi Racker for years. I think it is the best. It comes in different sizes, so find out which one you need.
Thank you for that info. I'll need something that stays with the weapon. I ordered a Tac-Racker just to see if it'll work or not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you put an optic on your CORE you can use that to rack the slide. It makes it much easier.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you put an optic on your CORE you can use that to rack the slide. It makes it much easier.
Absolutely will give that a try. Probably take a chance with my Astigmatism and buy a Trijicon SRO for it. Got a Holosun 510 in Green on my Ruger PC-9 and I really see it well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too struggle racking the slide on my full size 2.0 core in 9mm. I read a suggestion from a poster above that you can rack the slide by holding onto the red dot. I have a Delta Point Pro on mine but have been reluctant to do that because I am not sure that the adapter plate between the slide and the sight is up to it. Am I worrying about nothing?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did not mean to say rack the slide with the red dot alone. I have found there is no realistic way to easily rack the slide without incorporating some part of the red dot. I am no expert but have had no adverse affects by doing this. It has held zero but this is with limited firing due to the ammo shortage.

·
Registered
510 Posts
All my optics are Trijicon RMR's, all my slides have been milled for the sight. They all have larger screws and bosses milled into the slide to prevent side to side movement and the front and back of the cut is milled to the exact sight I have so no forward or rearward movement.

I use the RMR's as a charging handle all the time, especially in competition when time counts, but I don't have a generic/universal/one size fits all cut like the core models do.
I do not hold the RMR, I place my palm in front of it and push the RMR into my palm, raising my hand allows the slide to finish cycling.

Keep an eye on the smaller screws if doing that with a core because they will take some if the force.

Also cheap sights like vortex are not made to be used that way so be prepared for it to break if it used that way.

Vortex sights are longer front to back then trijicon, so that means there will be movement front to back with the smaller length sights, that means the screws take the beating as opposed to the walls of the cut.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm also left-handed and have Springer Precision right side slide rackers on both of my 5" M&P9 2.0s. One is a CORE and the other a non-CORE model and both have red dots. The Springer racker is a great addition and I highly recommend it. I know it's done but I would never use the red dot, any red dot, as a slide racker.

·
Registered
510 Posts
That is an RMR on an M&P and a steel workbench but shows how you would rack the slide, just substitute your palm for the table and you're all set.
This video was made to show the toughness of not only the RMR but having the slide milled to hold it. I've yet to see any videos of other sites doing same. Though most of the foreign made sights were not even a dream back in 2012.

As with anything else, "you don't know, what you don't know, until you know it".
Here is proof that this works.

I personally know the guy that made the video (and I'm sure some here also know him), this is his personal gun and to this day he is running the same setup.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did not mean to say rack the slide with the red dot alone. I have found there is no realistic way to easily rack the slide without incorporating some part of the red dot. I am no expert but have had no adverse affects by doing this. It has held zero but this is with limited firing due to the ammo shortage.
I'll certainly INCLUDE some part of the reflex sight,that's for sure(y)

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have found there is no realistic way to easily rack the slide without incorporating some part of the red dot.
Yes there is. Install one of the Springer Precision slide rackers mentioned above and you will never have to touch the red dot except to turn it on and off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes there is. Install one of the Springer Precision slide rackers mentioned above and you will never have to touch the red dot except to turn it on and off.
I have the 'Dual Ear' model ordered. If it doen't do the job, I'll replace it with the larger one for the right side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts