MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Just purchased my first MP Monday. I was able to trade a unfired Glock 21 SF with a few extra mags for a brand new MP 45acp. Took it out to the range yesterday and have to say I am very impressed! I installed the med. backstrap and it became an extension of my hand. What a great pistol. So impressed I went back to the same gunshop and put a full size 9mm MP on layaway. Once that is in my hands maybe a compact 9mm will be my next purchase. Where does it all end..??????

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey, another Tucson dweller here. Does your have the safety? I got one as well, with the thumb safety and no mag safety. I also have both 9s and the 40 full size. I have to say the .45 has the worst trigger of all my M&Ps. Must be ten lbs. I don't see it smoothing out either. I emailed Dan Burwell and asked that he lets me know if he can do his magic on the trigger like he did on my 40 and 9mm full size. My compact nine was fine without any work. Other than the REALLY bad trigger I like the gun. I have big hands and I actually like the small backstrap. The .45 is a bit longer than the other full size guns. I'm looking forward to seeing the 14 round mags. The only thing I don't like about my M&Ps is the "invisible reset". That I can get used to but the heavy trigger on this .45 has to go.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there az larry. I picked up the only one Diamondback had and it was without the manual thumb safety. Then I was looking at the site and noticed the pictures of some of the 45's had the safety installed. I asked today at the shop about them and Mike said he was going to order a few of them today. Looking forward to seeing what they look like in person.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey another guy from tucson. I am going to buy my mp45 from tucson guns this week. They have a about 4 without the safety and 4 coming in with the safety. So hopefully the ones with the safety come in this week so i can buy it. congrats on the your buy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Morning Willy. I like Tucson guns but he is a bit high on some of his guns. But everyone there is helpful. I think Diamondback and Murphy's are the two big hitters in town. Both have good selections and the people at both stores know their stuff. Mike at Diamondback said he was going to order a few more 45's but this time with the thumb safety. Will be looking forward to seeing one in person.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts