MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife bought a MP9 several months ago and I was impressed with the feel, workmanship, and accuracy so I decided to get the new MP45. I found a NIB MP45 on Gunbroker for $474 shipped. It has the MPR prefix serial # and my first impressions were not as favorable as the one I had on my wife’s MP9. The trigger pull was not as smooth and had a heavy break, the extractor and slide release looked like it was blued on a Friday afternoon just before quitting time and loading 10 rounds in a magazine would be challenge for my wife. But the real test was how it shoots. I fired about 100 rounds of 185 grain JHP’s and 230 grain FMJFP’s and was impressed. The MP45 shoots POA at 7 yards just like my wife’s MP9 and is accurate. I had ZERO problems, no jams of any kind and it went bang every time I pulled the trigger. I shot 10 round magazines but didn’t try any 10 +1. The trigger pull did seem to improve as time went on so I’ll save my final judgment on trigger pull after about 1000 rounds. Bottom line…. the MP45 is a keeper and I’m looking forward for some more range time. The two free magazine offer made it even better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
On the 4th of July I took my brand new MP45 out to the range for the first time. I too was impressed with its accuracy. First off it shot to point of aim. No sight adjustments were necessary. Second, I had quite a few five round cloverleafs at 7 yards. Really nice. At 25 yards, if I did my job, it stayed in the center black. I was having so much fun I ended up shooting 200 rounds of 230 gr FMJ before I knew it. The only negative observation was that getting that 10th round in the mag was a little difficult. And I had one failure of the slide going into full battery after being "slingshotted" on a full magazine. My guess is that the magazine spring was very stiff and the gun was still tight. It happened midway through my shooting and only happened once. I shot it next to my Walther P99 AS .40 S&W and ended up preferring the M&P45. Afterall, who could ask for more than an accurate .45?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts