MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
cool, glad to see someone has an adjustable, now if someone will make a bomar style rear adjustable with/without Fiber optic inserts 8)
 

·
Site Staff
Joined
·
9,617 Posts
They say they have adjustable sights, but don't tell you which one is adjustable? Is it the competition or X model that are adjustable?????????????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
G56 said:
They say they have adjustable sights, but don't tell you which one is adjustable? Is it the competition or X model that are adjustable?????????????


yeah that's a PITA

on this page

http://www.novaksights.com/genuine%20novak...%20m&p.html

they reference the "Extreme Duty Adjutabel Rear", so I'm guessing that is the "X Model".

I sent them an email asking for clarification.
 

·
Site Staff
Joined
·
9,617 Posts
Jadepanther said:
yeah that's a PITA

on this page

http://www.novaksights.com/genuine%20novak...%20m&p.html

they reference the "Extreme Duty Adjutabel Rear", so I'm guessing that is the "X Model".

I sent them an email asking for clarification.
Darn it! I completely missed that reference under the photo, and that's the page I was looking at! They do need better explanations on the various models, it should say adjustable down in the chart with the prices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
I got a prompt response back from Novak, unfortunatley its bad news.



The X-model is a fixed rear sight with a more aggressive front on the sight and the adjustable X sight may be available later on.

Novak's

www.novaksights.com

(304) 428-2676 (phone & fax)

PO Box 4045 Parkersburg, WV 26104

1206 30th St. Parkersburg, WV 26101


Apparenty the Adjusable is the "Extreme Duty" which is available for several pistols including Smith and Wesson but not yet the M&P

http://www.novaksights.com/extreme_duty_adjustable_sight.htm

So from what I can tell there are currently a total of ZERO adjustable rear sights for the M&P



great business opportunity for somebody...





I wonder if sights that fit on a Glock or XD would fit on the M&P without major milling/fitting anyone know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
The most organized part of the site is the mascot page
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts
I agree that it's complicated to navigate the Novak sight. If you go into their online store you'll see all available variations.



I e-mailed them recently asking if they offered a .160 (std. M&P height) front tritium sight since their web site only showed .170 and higher. They said that they are planning to offer a .160 sight, and that they do not make the front sights that S&W provides on the M&P.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
Glad to see that's it's not just me that thought their site was difficult to navigate.



I wonder why they don't make a replacement for the M&P that is the same as the factory rear sight without the holes drilled out, just plain black?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts
Novak does make a plain black rear sight for the M&P in the Competition series. Go to their web site, click on Shopping, then on Sights, then Smith & Wesson, then M&P then Competition series.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
robmcd said:
Novak does make a plain black rear sight for the M&P in the Competition series. Go to their web site, click on Shopping, then on Sights, then Smith & Wesson, then M&P then Competition series.


I know they have some plain black sights but are they adjustable?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts
Neither Novak nor any other sight manufacturer that I know of currently offers an adjustable rear sight for the M&P pistol.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top