MP-Pistol Forum banner

new pics of M&P 40 with Streamlight M3 tactical illumina

4177 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Out West
My new home security system

See less See more
1 - 1 of 10 Posts
Tritium sights are wonderful in a pitch black environment, but YOU GOTTA BE ABLE TO ID THE TARGET! In real life, you don't get to set up your own scenario where the BG stands in the light & you get to hide in the darkness when it becomes necessary to engage. Also, as others have stated, a powerful light is a weapon to create momentary confusion, disorientation & a psychological advantage. Lights mounted on the weapon usually aren't too practical for concealed carry, but they're great for a long gun or a pre-stationed home defense handgun. My 870 is so equipped.

In a night defensive situation, it is great to have both a light (or two) & the nightsights available, but I'd MUCH rather give up the nightsights than a good flashlight. In fact, I carry a Surefire on my person & another in my briefcase all day long 24/7 & wonder how I got along without it for so many years. Even during daylight hours, you're much more likely to get caught inside during a blackout than in a gunfight.
1 - 1 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.