MP-Pistol Forum banner

What Caliber M&P are you Shooting

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
M&P 40c, and love it. Shot tens rounds through it yesterday and it is snappy, but then I know its got some punch...

Can hardly wait for the 45c, hope they make barrel 3.75"...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
9mm & 40 Caliber....

I answered "more than one" . I have a full sized 40 & a 9mm compact. I'll be buying the 45 when it comes out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the M&P full size 9mm.

Usually shoot 1911's in .45 & 40 s&w.

Thought the 9mm might be fun to shoot and it was cheap ,just like 9mm ammo. lol

·
Registered
414 Posts
Just bought the 40 Compact... can't wait to pick it up tomorrow! Thinking I may want a 9c and the 45 as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
M&P9 and M&P9c never had a 9mm before these two. I bought my wife a Glock 19 and just had to have a 9mm or two of my own.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the 40c, to complement my Glock 19. I had the larger 9mm, so I thought I would enjoy the 40S&W in the smaller version for easier concealed carry.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was really going to get the .40 when I went to the gun shop, but then it struck me. I already have a 9mm, and do I want to start stockpiling another caliber of ammo. Besides, I, unlike a lot of other people, have complete confidence in the caliber.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
thinkat said:
I was really going to get the .40 when I went to the gun shop, but then it struck me. I already have a 9mm, and do I want to start stockpiling another caliber of ammo. Besides, I, unlike a lot of other people, have complete confidence in the caliber.

I agree.

·
Registered
501 Posts
.40 Compact, already had a concealable 9 (3953) and already have a full size .40 (CZ) so it wasn't a matter of having to have another caliber. I have confidence in the 9 and a little More in the .40 :wink:

·
Registered
414 Posts
AS I mentioned in another thread...

Unfortunately, pistol calibers are only barely marginally effective manSTOPPERS to begin with. Any caliber can kill - though it usually takes some time - too much time (slow bleed out, infection, etc.), but to STOP a threat RIGHT NOW (which is the defensive objective) is not so easy to achieve... especially with smaller calibers.

S&W did such an amazing job of making the recoil mild in the M&P 40 Compact (it is remarkable how mild shooting the .40 C is). It must be the combination of springiness of the frame and the low bore axis). For these reasons, I see going directly to the 40 as something of a no brainer. Not that the increase in potency over a hot 9mm +P is huge, but it is significant. Of course, I would not volunteer to be shot at with a 9mm... And the 9C does hold 2 more rounds than the 40C, which is never a bad thing. Somewhat close call between the 9 and the 40, but the 40 definitely gets the nod for my money. I'm still amazed and scratching my head over how mild the recoil feels with the 40C.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just picked up the M&P 40 - wanted a sidearm that packed a punch, but also had mag volume.

Fit right in between the .45 and 9 mm

·
Registered
170 Posts
wow alot of 40 cal shooters....

im hoping to get a full size 9mm in the future. i will probably trade a XD towards a compact 357sig when i see one

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
double stack

I am the proud owner of two different size calibers any questions look in the gallery :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
9mm for me ... use it in USPSA production and IDPA. Plan to get another of the same ... then maybe a .45.

Ralph

21 - 40 of 79 Posts