MP-Pistol Forum banner

NEW S&W owner from NE Ohio

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Fire1 
#1 ·
HELLO ALL!

I just got my M&P 45 this week and took it to the range yesterday. What a FINE piece of shootin' iron!

I am an avid Beretta pistol collector and started my shooting career with the venerable 1911, which still holds a firm place in my heart as the best 45 caliber semi-auto out there. The M&P has opened my eyes to the fact that there are other great purpose-built 45's too! ;-)

I'm 49, my background and true love is Mechanical Engineering but made the switch about ten years ago from the nuclear world to computers and networks and am a Technology Project Manager here in Cleveland.

I've been handloading for about 6 years - "forced to" (thankfully so as I love it!) by my entry into shooting IHMSA and having to handload "odd" & wildcat cartridges.

I am the Reloading Moderator on a couple of other Forums and I appreciate that as I love to "give back" after I've learned so much from others on handloading over the years.

I handload 32 H&R Magnum, 7mm TCU, 300 Whisper, .357 Magnum, & .22 Hornet for IHMSA on a Lyman Turret Press and 9mm, 40S&W and .45 ACP on a Lee Loadmaster for IDPA and shooting days at the range with my 3 sons.

I shoot Thompson Center Contenders for IHMSA and my IDPA gun is a semi-custom Beretta 96G (40 S&W) Vertec. The M&P will also get a chance or two on the IDPA line!

My latest endeavor is reaching into the benchrest rifle world and I've started a .223 project that I load on the Lyman. I have a yet unfired Savage 12BVSS that I will use for this project.

My next dream is to buy the S&W .460 Magnum revolver.

This looks to be a great Forum and I look forward to participating, learning, and sharing what I have learned with others.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.