MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got notified by the Safariland rep that they put out two new models to their 6377 & 6378 ALS holsters to target the M&P crowd. Both are essentially the same, one is a belt loop version and the other is a paddle. MSRP is $40 but you know the street price will drop quite a bit.

Jester's working on getting these for the stores together with some other Safariland holsters incl those for lights and thigh rigs.

See pixs below.

Basic info:

# ALS™ (Automatic Locking System) secures weapon once holstered; simple straight up draw once ALS is de-activated by thumb while obtaining shooting grip

# Adjustable injection molded belt loop fits 1.5" (38mm), 1.75" (45mm), 2" (50mm), and 2.25" (58mm) and rides

# IDPA Approved

# Highly concealable design that rides close to body

# Belt loop is user-adjustable for cant angle; can even be worn crossdraw

# ALS retention in an open top design that is drawn with a natural thumb only operation; no fingers in the trigger guard area

# Genuine SAFARI-LAMINATE™ construction with suede lining to help protect the gun's finish

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Probably from the MP Store in the near future.

I had seen these on Safariland's website, they looked nice, and it's good to have a retention feature also.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Jeri, holsters.com and Atlantic Tactical are both showing these. Be advised, Safariland hyperbole aside, S'land tends to be very "duty" oriented i.e., not as concealable as some others. I have been carrying a 6351 ALS since they first came out. This is a "concelable"belt-slide holster and I was unable to find it in S'land's current online catalog. The ALS is VERY slick, but these are not the most concealable rigs in the world. I'm very interested in this new mounting system, but I'm little concerned about how low it rides in relation to the belt.

If someone scores one of these, a pic would be great.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Im not looking for a concealable holster, looking for something for IDPA and occassional open carry, and this one you can change the cant on it so I can use it while driving with a crossdraw.

·
Registered
168 Posts
This should work fine for what you described. It is more of a "discreet" carry as opposed to concealed carry. Even when it's covered, if someone knows what to look for, it won't be too hard to see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts