MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my new sear housing block from Brownells. I ordered two about a month ago, but got rear night sights instead. Took a few weeks, but they made it right. Anyway, I noticed a few differences from the one installed in my M&P 9, serial number MPA98xx. First, the sear deactivation lever is straight, not curved at the top, and the sear is silver in color, not blackened. Anyone know if these are newer, or older designs? I only care for curiosity, I know functionality will not be affected. I bought a M&P 40 from Buds with the mag safety, so I might through this in. It was origionally purchased for experimentation with trigger jobs...we'll see.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My M&P40 is Ser#MPA22XX (NO I.L./NO M.S.) and the sear is black in color. Mine is earlier than yours, so im assuming that we both have the original "older" sear design. I just ordered a new sear block assembly from Brownells. I am going to first confirm that it is the newer sear design, then install it in my M&P.

·
Registered
53 Posts
IIRC this is the new (MPB+?) sear setup

Also IIRC, the straight disconnect is the thing to look for to tell if its new design

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Both of these things seem to be whatever they have at the time. I have seen a lot of guns with the straight sear lever and some newer MPHs with the curved ones and the sear color seems to be the same thing it keeps going back and forth.

Neither appears to be a permanent improvement/ change

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I think they changed the take down to keep fingers out of the chamber.

They probably didn't change sears, just took a finishing step out of the process to make it cheaper.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have an MPJ Full and an MPL compact. The Full has a black sear and the compact a silver one. The triggers feel totally different and the angles are different where the trigger bar and sear contact.

I agree that they just throw in what they have at the time and I don't think they changed the sears. Not sure why mine have different angles though, could just be due to manufacturing process.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just picked up my new M&P, a 40. S/N MPJ06xx, has the curved sear deactivation lever, blackened sear...but, it has a sear with the same profile as the silver one I have...oh well, I give up...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts