MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After quite a bit of lengthy research I settled on the Shield 9 for my EDC. Originally I handled an XDS 9 that I thought I had to have. Once I started my research I saw that everything was compared to the shield. I did wait for the G43 to show up and well they are just late to the party and for $100 more it clearly was not worth it. The XDS nor the G43 posses anything superior then the Shield. Had my Shield for a month now and just made it to the range. Weather here has been poor.

Impressions.. It's true what the reviews say. It's a very reliable and accurate handgun that disappears with tshirt and shorts. Shoots POA with 147 grain HST standard pressure loads. My carry choice so I was pretty happy.

Complaints if any? Well I sold my G19. :smiling:

I haven't been a SW fan but have to say... What a fantastic handgun. This is all I need. A great bargain for only $374.00 new.

Only upgrade I plan on is XS Big dot sights only because I'm getting older and things are getting fuzzy now.

·
Site Staff
9,612 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome aboard! Great choice!

I used to be an XD nut myself. After handling an M&P Pro I had to try one. My first Shield is arriving today. Same deal, I fingered one and just had to get one.

Brad

·
Registered
5 Posts
One warning, I purchased my Shield about two years ago and since then it has moved 3 other M&P's into the gun safe. :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've owned all the major guns that were a bit bigger than the Shield in the past. I also did research before purchasing the Shield. I'm very satisfied with the Shield in every way except it's extremely hard to rack the slide, my wife just can't do it. Other than that the shield fits everything, especially the soft shooting it has.

I do have a M&P9 full size that I use as a range gun and now use for HD which it happens to be great at.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Congrats on your new Shield .. My Shield is my first M&P and first S&W , But not my last S&W :):lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congratulations. I did a lot of research as well and you guessed it... got the Shield. Also thinking of putting XS Big Dot sights on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts