MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Shield Plus Optics ready. Nice pistol. Ran about 100 rounds through it today and it shoots great. Haven't picked an optic yet. I don't want any plates to raise the optic so Holosun is out. That is what I have on my Glocks and I like it a lot. The 507k required a spacer plate for mounting that will raise the optic up. I'm looking at the Swamp Fox Sentinal in green as I see the green better. Another option would be the Shield RMSc but it only cones in a red dot. Anyone have experience with either of these optics on a Shield Plus? Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up a Shield Plus Optics ready. Nice pistol. Ran about 100 rounds through it today and it shoots great. Haven't picked an optic yet. I don't want any plates to raise the optic so Holosun is out. That is what I have on my Glocks and I like it a lot. The 507k required a spacer plate for mounting that will raise the optic up. I'm looking at the Swamp Fox Sentinal in green as I see the green better. Another option would be the Shield RMSc but it only cones in a red dot. Anyone have experience with either of these optics on a Shield Plus? View attachment 18927
Go with the Crimson Trace Rad micro Pro. Cowitnesses and is the best optic available for the shield. 20k hours (approx 3 years) battery life, all durable 7075 aluminum frame, shake awake, auto turn off after 8 hours of nonuse, 3 MOA dot, glass (not polymer) window, "ambient Light Sensor that automatically adjusts the aiming dot’s brightness to the surrounding lighting condition", and works on the Shield no plate needed. Amazon has them on sale right now.

[Edit] I see you want a green dot. The CT Rad Micro Pro with the green dot is 5 MOA and has less battery life. If you are going green, Swamp Fox "seems" better on paper although I have no experience with them. Otherwise, S&W's CT Rad Micro Pro red is the way to go. IMHO, I don't see the point in going with a green dot and less battery life unless you are color blind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts