MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not had a shield in awhile picked up a shield plus the other day with the 3 extra mags, bug out bag and first-aid kit. I love the gun but found out the front sight is dead. Contacted S&W waiting on a response.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Glad you have gotten a good response from S&W. But what do you mean by your front site is dead? Front sites are neither electric nor mechanically active. Is it perhaps a "Trijicon" type site which does not glow? Is that what you mean?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad you have gotten a good response from S&W. But what do you mean by your front site is dead? Front sites are neither electric nor mechanically active. Is it perhaps a "Trijicon" type site which does not glow? Is that what you mean?
I mean exactly what I said the front night sight witch as you stated is Trijicon was dead it did not glow, thus the vile was broken or the life of the sight was up. Either way S&W is sending me a new front night sight.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've seen one front sight tritium source "die." New P01 Omega suppressor ready pistol. Had it about 5 months and one day I noticed the front sight was no longer "lit up." The replacement has been going for 5 years or so now, no issues.

No idea what happens to them but they can "die."

They will, of course, eventually get dim/go out after 12 or 13 years.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just bought a Shield Plus optics ready that had a dead front night sight. The store knew it and had the replacement sight there. The armorer replaced it before I took it out of the store. Tritium sights can go dead or if the vial that contains them cracks they will no longer glow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts