MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello group! I am fairly new to the M&P's. I have had an M&P 45 v2.0 for a few months now and enjoy shooting it. I recently came across a package deal on a pair of used M&P full size, a 9mm and a .40 s&w. I plan to use the .40 for a home protection piece and both will see a lot of range time. I am going to do triggers on both of them and I have been looking at the Apex 100-054. Any thoughts on this particular set up would be appreciated.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016227187

·
Site Staff
9,584 Posts
Anything from Apex is first class.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
If you have small hands it's not going to fit you. I installed mine with the OEM trigger and the rest of the Apex parts. Mine works fine but if you run it by Apex they'll tell you that it won't work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the Apex trigger in my compact 2.0 .40 cal compact, and I'm going to put them in my other two also...a 9mm 2.0 compact, and a five inch 2.0 .40 cal. When I put the Apex in my compact, I dropped down to the medium sized grip from the large. The flatty trigger does increase the length of the trigger reach just a bit - I have normal sized hands, but longer type fingers...I find this set up with the flatty trigger to be the perfect fit for me all around. I believe Apex sells a more traditional type trigger too - but it's not a hinged trigger like the OEM trigger the pistol comes with. It's closer to a Glock style trigger. I may consider that trigger for the five inch pistol, but need more research into it really. I love the flatty tho, I mean LOVE it ! That minimal amount of trigger travel makes for one heck of a good shooting pistol - It's night and day difference.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I didn't like how a flat faced trigger felt after trying one on an AR, so I went with the traditional curved Apex trigger on my 5 inch MP9.
It is a good improvement over the factory trigger, lighter and less gritty, but still a long trigger pull.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put apex duty/carry kits in both my 2.0 FS & my shield. I didn't like the factory hinged trigger so I figured while I was taking it apart to change the trigger, I'd just get the entire kit and throw it all in there. I bought it for my shield first I believe and a while later the 2.0. I wish they made one for my VP9 (though that stock trigger is awesome, I'm sure Apex would improve it). You can't go wrong with them, just make sure you buy the right kit for you're particular firearm. M&P's are simple enough to take down with basic hand tools so if you're mechanically inclined & confident, tackle it yourself.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
How does an Apex trigger affect the size of the grip???
If it's their forward set trigger (I think that's what it's called) the trigger itself is pushed forward (hence the Forward set trigger in the name) increasing the distance from the backstrap to the trigger face. Great for large hands, not so wonderful for smaller hands.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't like how a flat faced trigger felt after trying one on an AR, so I went with the traditional curved Apex trigger on my 5 inch MP9.
It is a good improvement over the factory trigger, lighter and less gritty, but still a long trigger pull.
Thank you for bringing that up. This is the route I will go also. I have the flat trigger on an AR9 pistol I have and I don't care for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for upgrades available for my M&P45 m2.0 FDE, Truglo TFX full size. 4.625 barrel
New to S&W and have basically 0 to no knowledge on their upgrades and tweaks availabilities.

Trigger
Lasers
Micro-Conversion kits
Threaded barrels
Red dot sights
Magazines/fast loaders

Thanks in advance!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts