MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new to the boards and do not actually own an M&P but am interested in getting one. I'm looking at the carry kit that includes the holster, mag holder and 3 magazines since I'll be using it to shoot in competition. A shop locally has it but the price of $599 seems pretty high. I've looked on Gunbroker and Gunsamerica and it seems the M&P prices are all over the place. $599 too high?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
Welcome! you will find all kinds of good info here. that price does seem a little steep. try budsgunshop.com they have them right now for under $500 shipped. Plus dont forget there is a $50 rebate + two free mag offer right now until the end of Jan.



Good Luck
 

·
Site Staff
Joined
·
9,617 Posts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
tombo said:
Hi! I'm new to the boards and do not actually own an M&P but am interested in getting one. I'm looking at the carry kit that includes the holster, mag holder and 3 magazines since I'll be using it to shoot in competition. A shop locally has it but the price of $599 seems pretty high. I've looked on Gunbroker and Gunsamerica and it seems the M&P prices are all over the place. $599 too high?
Welcome!



$599 is top dollar. I suspect that's because M&Ps are in short supply due to S&W's holiday shutdown. They return to work on Monday, but it'll take a few weeks to catch up on orders. In the mean time you might try Davidsons.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/GunLocator/locatorstart.asp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been looking at Bud's Gunshop and the price looks very good. I'm really considering it. I know the $599 is top dollar but it would be a lot more convenient to buy it locally. I can get in there with the cash and walk out with it. It would actually be more than that because I would need to bribe my daughter not to rat me out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
I paid $549 locally for my M&P 40 kit and kinda wished I had paid the $40 more for the M&P 40 with night sights. The extra mag is nice, but I really don't care for the holster or mag pouch. But what can ya do?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
I paid $399 + taxes for my MP 40c and I gave $640 tax and all for my MP9.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
I paid $501 at Buds yesterday for a 40C with no extras. Is $599 really that bad with the extra mag, holster, and mag holder? What kind of holster comes with it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Well, I just paid 529.00 for mine yesterday (M&P 9mm full size) .. first post here. I wish I'd found this place earlier so as to angle for a better deal but I think I'm in love with this weapon, so I'm not giving it up.

Already swapped the mag eject for LH mode, and now realize I need a good kydex holster, and about 4 more mags even after getting the extras from the rebate.



I'm a pretty happy camper



First post here BTW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
centurion2000 said:
Well, I just paid 529.00 for mine yesterday (M&P 9mm full size) .. first post here. I wish I'd found this place earlier so as to angle for a better deal but I think I'm in love with this weapon, so I'm not giving it up.

Already swapped the mag eject for LH mode, and now realize I need a good kydex holster, and about 4 more mags even after getting the extras from the rebate.



I'm a pretty happy camper



First post here BTW.




Welcome aboard from another new guy!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BLC said:
I paid $501 at Buds yesterday for a 40C with no extras. Is $599 really that bad with the extra mag, holster, and mag holder? What kind of holster comes with it?


The holster is a Blade Tech belt holster that is made for the M&P as part of S&W's carry kit. It's not bad. It retails on Blade Tech's site for $24.95. One of the things that I asked myself is would I buy that holster to use for competition shooting and the answer is yes. So I may still drop by there and get the whole kit at that price.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top