MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Bought my first handgun in a 40c back in August and really liked the little gun. The only complaint I had was that it was to heavy to pocket and was just down right uncomfortable (IMO) in all but one of the "carry systems" I tried out. A week later I bought a S&W 642 to pocket and found myself carrying it 90% of the time. The other 10% I carried the 40c in the "Smart Carry" system while my girlfriend and I were walking the trails. I figured the rest of the time the 40c was sitting in my top drawer used for apartment protection duty LOL!! I really started to regret the fact that I bought a compact gun to carry and ended up using the little .38 most of the time. Needless to say, I got the idea that there was a possibility that Cabela's just might let me exchange the gun for something in a full size frame. On a long shot I gave them a call, and believe it or not the good people said "we are not the kind of store that will tell you, tough luck, your stuck with the gun." I took it back and had full intentions to exchange up to a full size .40, but after doing a little research I decided that I always wanted a .45 and this was the right time to go for it!! I ended up with a brand new M&P 45 and have no regrets!! I love the "tried and true" manstopping power of a 230gr Fed. Hydroshock!! I havent had time to take it to the range, so Im curious to see how the recoil of the .45 compares to that of the 40c? I have weeded through several of the post and Im sure it has been beaten to death, but can anyone simply tell me if its worse,better, or about the same as the 40c?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Welcome to the forums, enjoy. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,035 Posts
It is hard to share "perceived" recoil thoughts since we act differently to it. That being said, I feel more "push" with the 45 and more "snap" with a 40 compact. JMHO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
coltman1985 said:
It is hard to share "perceived" recoil thoughts since we act differently to it. That being said, I feel more "push" with the 45 and more "snap" with a 40 compact. JMHO


That is what I have read here so far, didnt think I was gonna have a chance to make it to the range for a while but I think I have talked myself into a little shootin time later today when I wake up. Im chomping at the bits to shoot this new gun LOL!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took the new 45 to the range today and all I can say is, WOW!! As most have said here, the barrel flip was significantly less than the 40c, and for that matter I really couldnt believe I was shooting a 45!! Great gun, perhaps the best trade I have ever made LOL!!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top