MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another new kid on the block. This site is great! Chalk full of info. Was going to originally go with the glock22 which is a great gun from a maker with an awsome track record (although there are some blemishes on the card) but being that I am a soufpaw (yes I did say souf...kinda like mouf) I decided to go with the M&P40. That Cali 10 day hold is a lady!!! Hahaha. Thanks for the info ya'll...can't wait to test her out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, god get the special scissors!

Quick question for all you lefties out there.....is this truly a lefty gun or just another righty gun (no offense it's your world) that happens to have features for a lefty? I don't know...my instructor said there's no such thing as a gun for a lefty....excuse me...for I am ignorant to the sport.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome Bigtron! Its nice to see another shooter from Commiefornia! I agree about the 10 day hold being a lady! It was agonizing waiting that long for a gun I already paid for. Where you at in Cali? Im up here in NOR CAL...Yeee! 8) Im not a lefty but I can tell you that I think you will do well with this handgun. Once you change over the mag. release to suit you, you will be fine. The only thing that wont switch over is the take down lever but how often do you need to use it unless cleaning. :roll: I think that there are actually lefty guns out there but they are few and far between, mostly rifles and such. Enjoy the Forum!

Deez

·
Site Staff
9,606 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Word up Deez. I'm out here in SoCal....woop woop...but it's all good, I get love from Burnie falls all the way down to the border. CA..all day. You're right about the takedown lever, just the essentials for me. Peace.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome. The M&P is a very ambidextrous gun. Try keeping the mag release set up for righty and operating it with your index finger. I like it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts