MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I wanted to change out my sights for night sights on my M&P9c how would I go about doing that? Are they sold yet? Do I need to find a gunsmith to do it right?

Thanks for the adive/help.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you have a good set of brass punches and a hammer, it is quite easy. To remove the rear, simply loosen the hex screw on the rear sight and tap out the rear sight to the right (ejection port) side. The front sight is simply tapped out in the same manner. Install the new sights in reverse to the instructions above. Start the replacement sights IN from the right/ejection port side. From right to left.

There are a few different night sight options available now. You can get the factory Novak night sights from Brownells. The XS "Big-Dot" tritium sights are also available, and other options are on the way soon!

If you dont feel comfortable doing the install yourself, there are several good folks from VA that im sure would be happy to assist you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I want to put night sights on the front and back. It would be awsome to have a VA forum member help me with this as I am clueless when it comes to this type of stuff. It would sure beat the hell out of sending the slide out to someone.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Be sure to watch out for the firing pin safety spring and cover. It will fly out if you are not careful when you remove the rear sight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts