MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this forum today. Going to buy a M&P this week. Have to decide between a 9mm or a .40. I have a new Storm Cx4 .40 so having another .40 would make ammo selection easier. Of course, a 9mm would be a lot cheaper to shoot?

My local dealer has several .40 in stock but no 9mm. Any of you Jersey guys know of a stocking dealer?

THX

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Welcome to the site... Good luck on the decision making process make it easy buy one of each

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good idea, one for me and another for my son!

·
Registered
62 Posts
rays sporting good.. but they are pricey..... they have an indoor range as well....

i highlight again "their prices are HIGH"

welcome... I have an M&P 40 and Love it... are you in the somerset county area?

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Thanks everyone! Getsome, worked and lived in Somerset county for 35 years, even lived 1/2 mile from Ray's for a while when first married (then moved to 1/2 mile of Effinger's
. Retired last year and moved down the shore. Now I shoot in Lakewood at Shore Shot.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Last time I was there, shore shot was a gallery of guns dealer, so you should be able to order most anything without their usual insane "non-member" transfer fees you incur when doing a transfer from a 3rd party seller.

Personally, in NJ I recommend the .40 jsut because of the capacity laws.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shore Shot is pretty much the same, but the fixed up their store front area a bit. Bought my Ruger MK lll Hunter and Beretta Storm Cx4 from there and he transfered in my son's Buckmark Target THX when he could not match the price we found. I bought my Ruger K10/22T From Tip's hardware because Bill's supplier was out and I was trying to beat out the price increase.

Probably buy the M&P .40 this weekend (or maybe tomorrow
)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Went to my local dealer/range this morning and the place was packed! All 10 lanes in use and the showroom was full of people. I guess everyone had the same idea. I had to (im)patiently wait in line until they could take care of me. The reward for me was a brand new M&P Full Size .40.

He had two full size .40s, one with Crimson Trace Grips and one without, unfortunately, the one with was just too much money for me to swing the week before Christmas.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts