MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm new to firearms and after much research and browsing of not only this forum but Glock, Springfield XD Talk and others bought an M&P 9mm Compact today. I test fired one of these units along with the 40 a few weeks ago. Can't wait to get out and shoot for the first time in the next couple of days.

I do have a few questions. Should I clean my gun prior to going to the range the first time? Any good small safes that you like or recommend? I've been looking at Gun Vault Deluxe safes.... Finaly question is I'll be looking for a concealed holster and would welcome ideas on this.

Thanks for all the great feedback. I've enjoyed this board and it's helped me a great deal in making a purchase decision.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
I recommend cleaning any new firearm before shooting.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome aboard... you dont need to clean your firearm before shooting, its ready to roll right out of the box; however i highly recommend a thorough cleaning before you shoot.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome.

Clean it before you shoot it. (it gets you intimately familiar with your new gun)

GunVault is an excellent choice. Bolt it to the wall or a large piece of furniture.

Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 in black horsehide. 16-24 week wait, and $100 price tag, but well worth the expense and effort.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My M&Ps came from factory with some brown alien grease that took two trys to get it of. I would clean it before shooting. They now make many holsters for M&Ps so that will be a personal pick. Most of all welcome to the site and have fun

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome to the site. My M&P9 had a small chunk of metal sitting in the slide rail, If I had not cleaned it first I not sure what would have happend when shooting it. It was small piece of machined waste that did not get found before me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I appreciate the feedback and warm welcome. I cleaned and oiled my MP9C prior to my first range visit and then immediatly after. I went to the range again this week and now have 250 rounds through it and can place nice groupings at 15 yards. I enjoy this board and firearm enough that I'm now considering 1-2 more firearms and definently want to get my CWP.

·
Registered
206 Posts
josh said:
Welcome to the site, mrsracing!

[quote name='OMEGASRT308']plannin a fun shoot at twin ponds on the 13th or 14th

Who all's going? I'll head out there if I'm not flying.[/quote]

Josh - I am there for the 14th!!

I still have a box of 50 45ACP I need to shoot.. :wink:

mrsracing - What part of South Carolina are you located? If you are in the Berkley, Dorchester, Charleston County area, you are more then welcome to join us out at Twin Ponds Rifle Range. It is located in the Frances Marion National Forest..

Ben

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yeah yeah yeah, I hear ya. I wouldn't have left the other day had I remembered you had .45 left with no .45 to shoot it out of! Soon, dang it, soon!

I'll head out there on the 14th. 8)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the offer. I'm in Columbia moving to the upstate once my house sales. Will be in the Greenville area.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts