MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. I just purchased my first mp pistol today. I managed to get a virgin, never fired 9c for under $300(long story). Anyway, like I said this is my first MP, actually it is my first S&W as well. Anyway, I have a few questions. I scanned the forums, and found some useful info, but still have a few questions. I can't find a decent selection of holsters. Is there an injection molded paddle holster out there for the 9c? I have a Fobus for my bersa, but am having trouble finding manufacturers that actually list the 9c on their weapon list. What commonly listed pistol out there matches the 9c as far as fit in a holster goes? Also, is the front sight easily changed? I like the HI-Viz sight in the store, but am worried about how difficult it is to replace them. I have 2 Bersas that I switch out for my daily CC, but they are both 380, and I plan on switching them out with the 9c for daily carry. Any CC holster suggestions? I am a skinny guy so I sometimes have trouble with printing. Anyway, thanks for listening. I look forward to joining the forum community.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
good price for a great gun... Welcome to the site....Enjoy

·
Registered
58 Posts
Your right, there isnt much out there for the M&Pc. I ordered a Milt Sparks which probably wont be ready until Febuary! In the mean time Ive been carrying in a IWB High Noon "split decision holster. Its a generic fit but its of decent quality. I also have the Desantis regular holster thats on the S&W web site. Thats a nice OWB holster. But I cant wait for my Milt Sparks IWB, I here great things about them.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a Desantis Thumb-break Scabbard for OWB and an Ugly Bald Guy (UBGholster.com) Canute for IWB. They've both got excellent fit & finish, though the UBG being custom is of higher quality.

I'm a very skinny guy too, and both of those holsters conceal very easily. Try the 4 to 5o'clock position IWB, with a forward cant to your holster (about 20º). Perhaps go a size bigger on your shirts if you print a lot, and wear darker colors or patterns that lend themselves to breaking up the outline of your pistol.

Also, even if you DO print: most people won't notice it because your average person doesn't WANT to believe that you are carrying a pistol. They subconsciously assume it is a cell phone, pda, blackberry, ipod, etc. The only people who really notice your CCW are other CCWers

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a Fobus paddle roto holster for my .40c and it worked well on the range but there was no way I was going concealed with it.

Look at Comp-Tac. I recently ordered their MTAC IWB holster on Saturday online and it arrived on Thursday. The holster is well made but is a bit stiff (it's still brand new). I worked with it all day crawling under cabinets, sitting, driving and my weapon stayed firmly in the holster and it was always positioned exactly where I expected it to be, and with all my moving around my gun was still firmly holstered but easy to draw. I think it will work out perfectly once it has broken in a bit.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i have a problem with printing too. i'm 6'1" at 185lbs. i'm using an uncle mikes size 36 inside the pants holster for my 40c and I love it. its comfortable (now that i cut the stitching on the clip and resewed it further up) to make the pistol sit lower in the pants. with a dark colored shirt its totaly invisible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts