MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am thinking of trading for for a 9c this weekend at the gun show. One thing I need to better understand is what it means to not have the internal lock or magazine disconnect. I have never had a polymer or hammerless gun so this is all new to me...all the way down to how to clean it properly (save that for another day).

I know this is probably an amature questions but I thought this would be the best place to get clarification. Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
The magazine disconnect prevents the gun from firing with the magazine removed. The internal lock is a lock built into the gun that you can activate w/ a small "key" that comes w/ the gun to lock the firing mechanism so that the gun can't be fired (on most guns it locks the trigger in place). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are there tactical pros and cons to these? I dont see how the internal lock is really a big issue either way unless u have kids or people who have potential access to your gun.

·
Registered
505 Posts
i think most of them dont even have the internal lock

·
Registered
31 Posts
The mag disconnect is great if you were a cop and got into a struggle over your gun and "could" depress the mag release which would render the gun useless so it couldnt be used on you.

The best safety is between your ears.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts