MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a M&P40 newbie who just bought one tonight and can hardly wait to try it out.

According to the fired casing envelope it's dated 10/04/2007 so it's only 2 weeks old.

My serial number is in the MPW9*** range if anybody is keeping track of numbers and mfg dates.

I also signed up for the 2 free mags and range bag deal from S&W...what a deal.

Who has the best deal for additional mags ?

I also own a Sig P229R in 40, how do think it will compare as far as accuracy and recoil ?

Anyway just saying Hi from St. Louis.

·
Site Staff
9,636 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mags? The M&P store, associated with this forum seems pretty good.

I got a couple spares from the for-sale forum, someone got them for free and didn't want them.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Much more muzzle rise with the P229. The M&P .40 is the only .40 pistol I have really enjoyed shooting. The combination of low bore axis, beavertail and polymer construction make it the softest shooting .40 I have ever fired. Allows me to make quick and accurate shots better than any other .40.

·
Registered
708 Posts
welcome, in the beginning mags were cheap, i got a extra for 28$

now they are close to 35$ or so...

the 2 free is a steal *i didnt get*, i got the range bag and it was awesome

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Welcome to the site....enjoy

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I shot the M&P40 for the first time this weekend, put 400 rounds through it will ZERO malfunctions.

So kudos to S&W for a excellent product, I hope they make a dent in the LEO Glock sales.

It's odd in that it has less muzzle flip and perceived recoil than my Sig 229 in .40. It balances really well and the trigger is great. I'm very pleased with my purchase and looking forward to the 2 free mags and bag from S&W.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I signed up for the 2 free mags and range bag deal from S&W...what a deal.

Who has the best deal for additional mags ? Just saying Hi from St. Louis.

Welcome, consider yourself blessed 2 Magazines and the Range Bag? I bought mine in July I only qualified for the Range Bag.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You are going to love the M&P

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have shot a hand full of 40's, and own two, and the M&P 40 is the easiest to shoot (lowest recoil). IMO if it is easier to shoot you will be more accurate. Plus very few people can shoot as good as their gun, so I was never that worried about which one is more accurate.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
They seem to be picking up LEO sales pretty quickly for such a new pistol. I don't know that Glock has anything to be concerned about though. At least not yet.

jmr said:
I shot the M&P40 for the first time this weekend, put 400 rounds through it will ZERO malfunctions.

So kudos to S&W for a excellent product, I hope they make a dent in the LEO Glock sales.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mpbond said:
Benton Park. Right across 55 from the Brewery.

Where do you shoot?

Your down in the city. Do you shoot at the Bulls Eye indoor range ?

Since I live 9 miles from the Busch range that is where I usually go.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts