MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the release of the CT grips for the M&P, my night fighting M&P is finally done and thought I would share some pics.

C4

SPECS:

M&P 9mm (full size)

Trijicon/NOVAK NS

SureFire X300

Crimson Trace Laser Grips

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Where's the Aimpoint? J/K looks great....

·
Registered
326 Posts
Very nice, Grant! I'm curious, why 9mm vs .45 cal? I sure like to hear your logic given your experience level.

For me, I like the 9mm because it holds a ton of rounds and it's cheap to shoot. I don't mind the fact that recoil is near nothing either. I'm also confident in the stopping power of 124gr +P 9mm ammo so I don't feel I need to carry fewer, larger rounds.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
czydj said:
Very nice, Grant! I'm curious, why 9mm vs .45 cal? I sure like to hear your logic given your experience level.

For me, I like the 9mm because it holds a ton of rounds and it's cheap to shoot. I don't mind the fact that recoil is near nothing either. I'm also confident in the stopping power of 124gr +P 9mm ammo so I don't feel I need to carry fewer, larger rounds.

IMHO, everyone should own a gun in 45 and one in 9mm. I own 1911's and M&P's so I have both calibers covered. I personally like 9mm because of the cost, less recoil (wife friendly) and the high round count that the weapons can hold.

At least once a week I get a customer in the shop that tells me that they want a handgun. When I show them a 9mm chambered weapon, they tell me that they want something with "knock down power." :roll:

A handgun caliber is still a handgun caliber. It is not a rifle. So IMHO, it really does not matter with caliber you choose as shot placement is key.

The weapon that is going to work the best for you in a violent situation is the one that you practice/train the most with. Caliber matters not.

C4

·
Registered
215 Posts
At least once a week I get a customer in the shop that tells me that they want a handgun. When I show them a 9mm chambered weapon, they tell me that they want something with "knock down power."

Tell them it the preffered caliber of rappers and gang bangers(Bloods & Crypts)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Steelshooter said:
But its only a 9mm...

I need to pick up one of those X300's. Fits OK?

Handgun caliber is a handgun caliber. What it boils down to with pistol caliber is shot pacement.

The X300 fits just fine.

C4

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you don any night shooting with the light yet?

I used a flashlight and different grip during night qualifying, and found I did better just shooting with the night sights in the dark, but a weapon mounted light should be the perfect compromise.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MISTERgadget said:
Have you don any night shooting with the light yet?

I used a flashlight and different grip during night qualifying, and found I did better just shooting with the night sights in the dark, but a weapon mounted light should be the perfect compromise.

Yes I have. I put the light through this class: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=8907

I take as much night fighting courses as possible and teach basic low light at my local range. Am a bit if a flashlight geek. :wink:

Most people will shoot better without a handheld light than with. The simple reason is that they have a better grip on the weapon. The issue though is that you must ID your target to engage it.

Weapon mounted lights are really the only way to go.

C4

·
Registered
163 Posts
Having just picked up a M&P45, you've motivated me to start adding the toys! Great post, nice pictures. Thanks!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Looks like it's resting on a military issue duffel bag
I recognize that fabric and color!

Nice shooter.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts