MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am ready to order something in the way of night sights and I am having a real hard time deciding what to get. I am looking at the Warren Tactical Sight and the Trijicon front sight from the M&P Store or maybe waiting until the Heinie Straight Eight sights are available. I like the Warren sight from the pics but am wondering if the 2 dot tritium sight picture may be better with the Heinie. I am so confused :? . Please help.

Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a set of the Heinie Straight Eights on an H&k and found that they were too confusing to me.

All of my pistols now have a black rears and nights up front. My MP's have 10-8 rear sights they are very clean and fast to pick up the front sight.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply CoCop. Is there a reason that you chose the 10-8 over the Warren Tactical sight? Also, how do you find the sights work in low light with just the front night sight vs a 3 dot system?

Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would go with the Warren setup (once they release a tritium rear). The smooth rear sight is much less distrcting to me than the serrated sights like the Heinie and 10-8 sights (I use both on other pistols).

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NCPatrolAR, I just heard about the Warren Tactical rear sight with the tritium tube. Are you talking about the 2 dot system? I spoke with Mike at MLE Shooting Sports and he said the they are hopefully a month away.

Jester, if you see this, will you be carrying this Warren sight also?

I hate to wait that long, but I think I am going to.

Ron

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Is Trijicon making there standard NS for the M&P yet? They weren't the last time I checked but maybe things have changed since then...

·
Registered
190 Posts
ront said:
NCPatrolAR, I just heard about the Warren Tactical rear sight with the tritium tube. Are you talking about the 2 dot system? I spoke with Mike at MLE Shooting Sports and he said the they are hopefully a month away.

Jester, if you see this, will you be carrying this Warren sight also?

I hate to wait that long, but I think I am going to.

Ron

Yes, I was refering to one in the "Straight 8" format. I have found this setup to be the best for me when it comes to night sights. The conventional 3 dot system tends to get kind of "busy" for me when doing any kind of serious work, but this doesnt occur when simply stacking two dots on top of each other.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The 10-8 has a round cut to the bottom. The 10-8 is very fast and makes for a clean sight picture.

The front night sight only set up is very easy to pick up and fast. The clean black rear makes it easier to pick up the font sight,

·
Registered
190 Posts
Geez, when are people going to start releasing some tritium rear sights?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that there are few in the works. They are just not quite ready to be released yet.

Ron

1 - 13 of 13 Posts