MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will those night sights fit the compact? It looks like they fit the full size for sure, but they don't mention that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The M&P 9c/40c use the same sights as the full size 9 and 40. I use a S&W tritium front with a Warren rear on my full size and compact.

Adam

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey APS you responded to a post I placed in another forum about the night sights. You mention there is a right and wrong way to change out these sights. What's the correct way to do this. Do they come off the slide left to right or right to left (looking from the rear of the slide)? Anything else I should know before I try this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Shabo

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looking from the rear of the slide to the front of the slide, they come off Left to Right. They get installed Right to Left. Apparently there is a slight taper in the dovetail and if you try to take off/put on the opposite way you are fighting the taper.

And don't forget to loosen the allen screw on the rear sight before uninstalling! Otherwise, it didn't take as much force as I thought it would. It did help using the sight tool, probably a little tougher with a hammer and punch.

Oh, and there's a spring and metal piece under the rear sight, it'll fly off when you remove the sight. Remove the rear sight in a plastic bag if you can to catch the spring. It's pretty easy getting the spring back in. I started the new rear sight and installed it until about 30% of the hole is covered. Then I inserted the spring, used the smallest allen wrench I had to compress the spring, put the metal piece on and pushed the sight over them. If you look at a parts diagram you'll see what I'm talking about.

Adam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts