MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are night sights optional on the 9MMc? I'm looking at the one on budsguns and don't see mention of it. If so, is it worth it to have them? I can't see truly using the sights at night, as I would be in self defense mode. Thanks

·
Registered
367 Posts
I tried to order mine with night sights and the shop said "cant get them" but they did so without calling. I would think you could get one since they are the same sights as the full size...

I thought I had heard talk of people on here with one...

Good luck and if you have to wait for a few weeks to get the NS do it. S&W wants $200 to install a set on mine...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
johndoe1027 said:
I tried to order mine with night sights and the shop said "cant get them" but they did so without calling. I would think you could get one since they are the same sights as the full size...

I thought I had heard talk of people on here with one...

Good luck and if you have to wait for a few weeks to get the NS do it. S&W wants $200 to install a set on mine...

Am I wrong to assume that no one really needs them?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YukonGlocker said:
Yes, the night sights are optional.

Would you recommend them? I'm just having trouble thinknig that I'd actually use the sights in a night time self-defense situation, which would be the only time I'd be shooting st night.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
If you don't think you need them, then don't buy them.

Necessity of night sights is debatable. If you ever decide you want them, you can install them later. Aftermarket companies are working on nights sights for the M&P; and they will probably be cheaper than factory night sights.

I will be installing a front night sight, with a plain black rear sight, on my M&P compact.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Trijicon and Meprolight are suppose to have some available by the end of May or early June (according to the email I received awhile back). However, they did not say how much they were going to be. I want to know how much the Trijicon sights will be.

·
Registered
69 Posts
crazypilot said:
Trijicon and Meprolight are suppose to have some available by the end of May or early June (according to the email I received awhile back). However, they did not say how much they were going to be. I want to know how much the Trijicon sights will be.

The store that I will be buying from , Kesselring's (http://www.kesselrings.com/new/default.asp ) ONLY has the .40c with Trijicon sights right now. I'm actually waiting for them to receive their order without the night sights. Their prices are (for LE anyway, not sure regular price) $395 for stock, $479 for Trijicon. So I would, in general, expect to pay $80 or so more for the night sights.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ParkPopo said:
[quote name='crazypilot']Trijicon and Meprolight are suppose to have some available by the end of May or early June (according to the email I received awhile back). However, they did not say how much they were going to be. I want to know how much the Trijicon sights will be.

The store that I will be buying from , Kesselring's (http://www.kesselrings.com/new/default.asp ) ONLY has the .40c with Trijicon sights right now. I'm actually waiting for them to receive their order without the night sights. Their prices are (for LE anyway, not sure regular price) $395 for stock, $479 for Trijicon. So I would, in general, expect to pay $80 or so more for the night sights.[/quote]

Not seeing the M&P on their site or any other S&W's. I'm assuming you called?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes, sorry, I did call. They don't put much effort into their website, but everyone that I've talked to that has dealt with them will not go to any other dealer. Several LE rangers in my department and a couple officers in the local jurisdiction have bought their backup weapons from them. They are super nice and very professional.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I emailed both companies awhile back and that was their response. I've been looking for night sights but do not want to pay $200 for a set. I'd rather spend that on a new handgun
. I was trying to find out how much they were going to be but they would not say.

·
Registered
42 Posts
A response from an e-mail to Meprolight regarding nights sights for the M&P!

Mr. Gill

Your email was passed to me for response.

I expect that the M&P (ML11766) sights will become available by mid-year. I hope this helps you in your quest.

We thank you for considering Meprolight.

K.R. Kinder

Dir. US Operations

Meprolight Inc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts