MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
That would be cool but so far it sounds like a rumor:

1. The non-45ACP M&Ps are not being offered with the manual thumb safety.

2. The M&P357 isn't due out yet.

While they may have tested the M&P357 I doubt they have made an official decision.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say I am surprised if it is true. Last I heard NMSP was happy with their Glocks. (At least that's what I read in the Glock Annual last year..

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
mbinky said:
I would say I am surprised if it is true. Last I heard NMSP was happy with their Glocks. (At least that's what I read in the Glock Annual last year..

Ha!

I wouldn't take the Glock Annual as the gospel either :wink:

It would be great if the NMSP adopted the M&P357 but I'll believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huh...just read the M&P 45 article in the new Guns&Ammo, and the author also mentions that the NMSP are going to M&P 357's...

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Oh cool, what issue of Guns & Ammo?

For some reasons I just love reading articles on the M&P

·
Registered
178 Posts
Here's the Text:

THE NEW MEXICO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY WOULD LIKE TO TRADE THE FOLLOWING DEPARTMENTALLY OWNED PISTOLS:

THESE PISTOLS HAVE FACTORY NIGHT SIGHTS(MEPROLIGHT,TRIJCON, AND GLOCK) AND 5.5 POUND TRIGGER/CONNECTORS WEIGHTS. THEY WILL BE SUPPLIED WITH THREE LE MAGAZINES. ALL GUNS HAVE LATEST GENERATION FRAME CONFIGURATION (FINGER GROOVES; LIGHT RAILS ON FULL SIZE MODELS) AND WERE MANUFACTURED AFTER 2000.

THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY WOULD LIKE TO TRADE FOR THE FOLLOWING PISTOLS:

SEVEN HUNDRED AND TWENTY (720) SMITH&WESSON M&P PISTOLS, .357 SIG, SKU # 309302, M&P, NMS, NIL, NS, THREE (3) 15 ROUND MAGAZINES APIECE.

THIRTY (30) SMITH&WESSON M&P COMPACT PISTOLS, .357 SIG, SKU # 307705, M&P357 COMPACT, NMS, NIL, NS, THREE (3) 10 ROUND MAGAZINES APIECE.

Hear are the weapons they are trading.

NEW MEXICO STATE POLICE ISSUED GUNS>NMSP

570 GLOCK 31 PISTOLS, CALIBER .357 SIG

24 GLOCK 33 PISTOLS, CALIBER .357 SIG

MOTOR TRANSPORTATION DIVISION ISSUED GUNS>MTD

150 GLOCK 22 PISTOLS, CALIBER .40 S&W

6 GLOCK 27 PISTOLS, CALIBER .40 S&W

NOTE the MTD officer are commercial vehicle enforcement officers.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Were they experiencing issues with their Glocks? I haven't heard any issues about the various models chambered in .357 and as a matter of fact, one of our local agencies use the G31. Curious?

·
Registered
76 Posts
The service life/durability of the Glock 357s seems to be noticeably less than the 9/40/45s from what I hear here and there from cops and shooting schools.

There have been "issues" w ALL the Glocks if you look far and wide enough for them (NYPD w 9s, LAPD w 45s, ISP w 40s for example). I'm sure there will be w the M&P too...

Heard about the NM deal from the S&W LE rep back in May at the DOE's NTC SPOTC 2007

http://www.spotc.doe.gov/video/

Also heard the New Hampshire SP are going MP45...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hartford CT are going M&P 45 too.

Couple more in the bag, but S&W isn't releasing any info.

Brown frame M&P45s are slated for September at the earliest.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
DukieDog said:
Hartford CT are going M&P 45 too.

Couple more in the bag, but S&W isn't releasing any info.

Brown frame M&P45s are slated for September at the earliest.

They probably will at the end of the year. Last year there was a great Power Point going around and in there they said that 106 LE departments had switched to the M&P. I'm looking forward to see how many there are now.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The number of departments in which the M&P is used or approved is 223 in the press release.

The article did not say how many departments actually issue the M&P. A department can issue brand A and brand B can be on the approved list.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts