MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had hoped to squeak in the free mag promo after the fact. I've seen posts from others who claim that they received free mags even though they got them earlier before the promo. Well, I bought my M&P 9 Fullsize on July 28 (came with 17 round mags) and was hoping for 2 more. I just received a ding letter (handwritten) that stated that my purchase was after the deadline (July 15). I tried to grease the skids by handwriting a letter about settling on the M&P after researching through AR15.com and MP-Pistol.com. No dice.

By the way, I got my range bag - sent in July 29 and received on Sept 2.

I called customer service to plead my case and the rep said that they were really tight on the promo mags and that it wasn't good. He offered to send me to his supervisor and I got her voice mail. I pleaded my case and left a phone number. That was at 2pm today and I have no answer back yet. For those guys who got it outside of the promotional period - what was the secret sauce?

:?:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just bought another 40 compact from Buds a few days ago and sent off an email pleading to get in on the free magazine offer as I didn't need another range bag. They sent me a reply that the only magazine offers they have going now are for m&p and Sigma purchases through Basspro. ... I guess that's a no to my free mags. In fact, I can't find m&p40 compact mags in stock anywhere and I was looking to pick up a few extra.

·
Registered
41 Posts
SilentHyena said:
They sent me a reply that the only magazine offers they have going now are for m&p and Sigma purchases through Basspro.

I got the same response last week. It was worth a shot

-jcd

·
Registered
1 Posts
No-go for me as well. Bought my full size nine on July 17th and sent in the paperwork anyway. Got a photocopy of a form with the "firearm was not purchased within promotional period" box checked along with my original paperwork. What the heck, it was worth a try. Just picked up a 9C last week for carry purposes so I can retire the sometimes unpredictable Kahr p40 I've been carrying. I did get the bag though. Gotta love free stuff!! Good luck with your appeal up the chain of command.

D.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
24 Hours + Later and No Reply from S&W CS

Well, I left a message to the S&W Customer Service/Support supe and it's been over 24 hours with no reply. Not even a call to say, "Sorry, we cannot honor your request."

I like my M&P but where is the great customer service that you all have been talking about?

Sorry for the rant...

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I expect great customer service when I have reason to expect it. Just because they don't call you back within 48 hours when you're trying to get in on a promotion that you know has ended, does not mean they have poor customer service.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
choochboost said:
I expect great customer service when I have reason to expect it. Just because they don't call you back within 48 hours when you're trying to get in on a promotion that you know has ended, does not mean they have poor customer service.

OK - I will back off on 24. So you should grant me that there should be some contact - say 48 hours.

·
Registered
44 Posts
jrx35 said:
[quote name='choochboost']I expect great customer service when I have reason to expect it. Just because they don't call you back within 48 hours when you're trying to get in on a promotion that you know has ended, does not mean they have poor customer service.

OK - I will back off on 24. So you should grant me that there should be some contact - say 48 hours.[/quote]

Absolutely no way! You think you should be able to complain about a business not returning your call, where you admit you are begging to receive something for free, that you know you don't deserve? If I was the supervisor I wouldn't call you either. I would spend my time helping customers who DESERVE help from the company.

Using your logic - I should call and beg for another S&W range bag... OK, I already got one with the gun I bought almost a year ago, but "Hey, it is worth a try." Right? When they won't give me the time of day I should then complain about it, right?

Good customer service should not be wasted on bad customers.[/b]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CA PI said:
[quote name='jrx35'][quote name='choochboost']I expect great customer service when I have reason to expect it. Just because they don't call you back within 48 hours when you're trying to get in on a promotion that you know has ended, does not mean they have poor customer service.

OK - I will back off on 24. So you should grant me that there should be some contact - say 48 hours.[/quote]

Absolutely no way! You think you should be able to complain about a business not returning your call, where you admit you are begging to receive something for free, that you know you don't deserve? If I was the supervisor I wouldn't call you either. I would spend my time helping customers who DESERVE help from the company.

Using your logic - I should call and beg for another S&W range bag... OK, I already got one with the gun I bought almost a year ago, but "Hey, it is worth a try." Right? When they won't give me the time of day I should then complain about it, right?

Good customer service should not be wasted on bad customers.[/b][/quote]

Man - I am getting pummeled here huh? OK - so let me step back - obviously it has hit a chord with some of you. First off, let me take you back. Some lucky members stated that they received the free mags even though they were outside of the promotion period. As I recall, they said that they bought their M&P early and S&W CS was really dedicated to pleasing their customers. As such, these M&P customers got something that they normally wouldn't get by the guidelines. It was this glowing view of M&P dedication to the customer that framed my thoughts about trying the same things other members were successful at or 'begging' if you will. So, I tried with a supervisor and she didn't return my call.

I am not necessarily complaining that I didn't get the mags. So be it - I tried within a reasonable period (withing 12 days after the publicized promotion end) - not a year later as the above logic states. I was just hoping for a call back. When I left the message to the supe, it was hardly a complaining tone - it was a wishful one with no callous - you'd better call me back or else tone. Far from it, I was cordial. So I still haven't received any contact and if the supe is in the same mindset as above - ok I understand. I bear no ill will but customer service in my mind should contact a customer back, even if to tell them sorry. I would have been ok with that.

·
Registered
498 Posts
11 weeks since I bought my M&P40c and I still haven't received my free mags. I'm not complaining they will come. S&W is thoroughly back-ordered on most of the M&P mags. The key difference here, is the people who got lucky, as you mentioned, bought their pistols early. S&W was, more than likely, not at that point back-ordered on the magazines. They exercised a business decision, just as apple did a few days ago, to reward their early customers. As a promotion, especially mail-in, goes on longer the more responses they receive as word leaks out of said promotion. IMHO, I'm not surprised by their response as they are still trying to fill the orders of those who sent in requests during the allotted time frame. I just can't understand why some people consider it poor customer service to get shot down (no pun intended) when requesting something they aren't promised. All you can do is ask, and when they say no, you should take it in stride and in no way affect your opinion of the company. -Peace

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jediihaf said:
11 weeks since I bought my M&P40c and I still haven't received my free mags. I'm not complaining they will come. S&W is thoroughly back-ordered on most of the M&P mags. The key difference here, is the people who got lucky, as you mentioned, bought their pistols early. S&W was, more than likely, not at that point back-ordered on the magazines. They exercised a business decision, just as apple did a few days ago, to reward their early customers. As a promotion, especially mail-in, goes on longer the more responses they receive as word leaks out of said promotion. IMHO, I'm not surprised by their response as they are still trying to fill the orders of those who sent in requests during the allotted time frame. I just can't understand why some people consider it poor customer service to get shot down (no pun intended) when requesting something they aren't promised. All you can do is ask, and when they say no, you should take it in stride and in no way affect your opinion of the company. -Peace

OK - I am done. Don't want to belabor that anymore. Peace all!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts