MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would cause my M&P to leave the last round in the mag and lock open? It did this 2 times in a row last time i was at the range. Both times with one round in the mag. This was using American eagle 9mm 115 FMJ.

Thanks

Adam

·
Registered
42 Posts
Adam500 said:
What would cause my M&P to leave the last round in the mag and lock open? It did this 2 times in a row last time i was at the range. Both times with one round in the mag. This was using American eagle 9mm 115 FMJ.

Thanks

Adam

Often, shooters will inadvertanly place there thumb along side of the slide stop and sometimes push up on it activating it prematurely when firing. Check your grip. Also, with the slide off, push up on the slide stop and make sure it flips back down to make sure the spring is working properly.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If RJP3579's response doesn't solve your issue, it could also be a weak slide lock spring.

Had the same issue with mine. Sent it to S&W and it was back in less than a week with a completely new slide lock and has worked flawlessly ever since.

·
Registered
638 Posts
IAShooter said:
If RJP3579's response doesn't solve your issue, it could also be a weak slide lock spring.

Had the same issue with mine. Sent it to S&W and it was back in less than a week with a completely new slide lock and has worked flawlessly ever since.

I am having the same problem with my new M&P 9mm Compact. I guess it will have to go back to S&W too. Not happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts