MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, when I first got the handgun, I was using some "shooter's choice" brand cleaning solvent and lube, and I got a lot of stovepipes (1 every 200 rounds) for a while. Then I switched to a blue wonder kit. I think disotech XFR is a very good lube, since I NEVER had a jam after that. Never. I use Blue Wonder armadillo on the outside of the frame to make it waterproof and protect it instead of XFR. I think Fast Blast is kinda crap even though it gets to places where my brush won't reach, because it doesn't seem to clean anything away. Who else uses Blue Wonder?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CLP doesn't work on copper deposits, tho.

What do you use to clean to polymer part? Won't CLP or some solvents be harmful to it?

And how often does your gun gets stovepipes or other misfires using CLP?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
CLP works fine, No failures in 6k rounds.

I used CLP in my m16 in the Marines and nothing else, never had a problem there either.

I think you are blinded by the term you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
323 Posts
CLP works great! I use it to lube and clean it works. I use CLP and Gunbutter. CLP to clean and lube the major parts and Gunbutter to lube small hard to reach parts. Served in the Army for 11 years and 2 tours in Iraq and CLP has worked great, from M4's to M240's and .50 cals, oh ya and my 9mm berreta.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
It's Breakfree CLP for all my guns also. I don't see a reason to try anything else when it works so well.

Every once in a while I scrub the bore with Hoppe's Copper Solvent also.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Breakfree CLP for everything unless I have copper in the bore. In that case I use Shooters Choice to clean the bore and CLP for everything else.

FWIW:

Breakfree CLP is the only lube/cleaner that is authorized for the weapons of the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department (at least that was the case before I retired).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Simple Green

I clean the frame and slide with simple green, air dry then spray with Rem Oil and wipe. I use Hoppe #9 for the barrel, and CLP to lube on reassembly. Sometimes I use Mobile One but I prefer CLP.

·
Registered
72 Posts
www.Slip2000.com...I use their weapons lube for everything...I buy it by the gallon

Non-toxic CLP...I clean a lot of guns...I like staying away from petroleum products

Their carbon cutter is great....just soak parts and black fouling comes right off

Copper cutter is also easy to use

Slip2000 also dissolves corrosive salts in surplus ammo

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
my cleaner

I use Rem oil through and through has worked wonders no complaints here

·
Registered
638 Posts
Solvent: Hoppes #9 for Semi-Autos (different than the standard #9), Wilson Ultra Lube, Militec 1 or Breakfree for Rapid Fire Automatics (different than CLP, not a cleaner) for lubrication. EEZOX to coat the inside of the barrel.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm with Obiwan, Slip2000 is some good stuff! I don't think their cleaner works any better than Breakfree CLP however. I do especially like the carbon cutter, great for getting carbon deposits out of the bolt carrier on an AR15, and I think the lube is one of the best on the market.

Shabo

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use 2 types of lube on ALL my guns with great results. I use Breakfree CLP on all smaller internals, sear, trigger bar, etc. And for larger metal to metal contact areas, slide rails, barrel crown, etc, I use RiG Universal Grease. That stuff is great. Makes cleanup soooo much easier.

The Guinea

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've been using shooters choice synthetic grease on rails and locking blocks and also the barrel exterior and inside the slide where the chamber contacts.

The gun runs smooth as silk.

I;ve been using it on all handguns with no issues.

For barrle cleaning I use Hoppe's, break free and Brownell's bore paste. On the frame I spray with brake parts cleaner (non chlorinated) and have not had any problems.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hoppes #9 for me... But if I shoot a lot of ammo in a day and about 2 or 3 times a year.. I will clean out the bore with some Blue Wonder followed by a swipe of Hoppes #9.. Blue Wonder will shine the bore really nice... I have been testing this lube..

I put 200 rnds through my full size M&P 40 yesterday without a single problem.. I was looking for something dry so oil won't run out when I carry..

Ben

·
Registered
85 Posts
I like Remoil 'cause it leaves a teflon coating and Shooter's choice for the bore 'cause it gets the lead (and copper) out. And an air compressor to get out all the excess. 8)

CLP works okay, but it didn't have Teflon last time I looked. Sorry, but Hoppe's #9 is old, obsolete technology that I gave up on years ago. My grandpa used that crap!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts