MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a major ice storm.

There are over a million people in Oklahoma without power (including me).

We don't know how long it will take to get everything repaired.

I'm posting from campus right now.

Fun, fun, fun.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Nice one

Yukon, what areas have been affected? My Mom lives in Ponca City. Havent heard from her, man I hope she is ok.

sholling said:
Stay warm and well lit.
not
unless someone else is driving.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Keep your firearms close. It's times like these (no power, learned helplessness) that brings out the worst in some people that want to take advantage of it. Be careful.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
I've got power, neighbor to the east of me has major tree damage in his front yard, neighbor to the south has a tree in the front, it's completely destroyed, as of dark last night I didn't have any tree damage. Got up this morning...tree in the back yard is split right down the middle, halt fo it is still upright, the other half fell in the church yard behind me, so I guess when the weather clears up I'll have to get the chainsaw out and cut some stuff up.

·
Registered
501 Posts
SCFireFighter said:
Keep your firearms close. It's times like these (no power, learned helplessness) that brings out the worst in some people that want to take advantage of it. Be careful.

Not so much in the midwest, more likely to see people out helping their neighbors here. At least in most areas..........

·
Registered
910 Posts
My brother lives near Sand Springs/Tulsa, and his house has no power. Said it's about 40 degrees inside his home. Sounds to me like someone needs to get a generator, or get his fireplace going. He said all you can hear outside is the loud snaps/explosions from tree limbs and branches breaking off from the weight of the ice.

It was mid 70's all day yesterday here in SC.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
This was a really nice pecan tree across the street, it was heavily damaged by the ice storm.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Luckily I found a generator this morning. In this case, the early bird got the worm.

I'm not sure on the specific area out of power. But I think most of the state was affected.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
Local paper said about 1/3 of Shawnee is without power, luckily I'm in the 2/3 that does.

·
Registered
163 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
Luckily I found a generator this morning. In this case, the early bird got the worm.

I'm not sure on the specific area out of power. But I think most of the state was affected.

Yup, after that big black-out a few years back, I bought a big generator and I store 30 gallons of gasoline on-site.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Trust me brother, I know where you're coming from. I live in Missouri and we got it bad last year and we didn't have power for more than a week. Some had to wait longer than that. Definately keep your weapons close, people get desperate it desperate times. Many thefts happened back then.

Good luck buddy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Down in Norman we've still got people without power. Ours just came one this evening. Been spending family time with the relatives out of necessity, but was kind of fun.

Be sure to thank the OGE, OEC etc workers when you see one! Those guys have had it tough and will continue to have it tough for some time to come from the looks of things.

And my thanks to the Texans who came up to help us out in our time of crisis.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts