MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to one of the major US sporting goods stores yesterday to pick up some large pistol primers. Found the shelves completely empty. There was not even a shotgun primer on the shelf! Went over to the firearms counter and asked one of the people behind the counter where all of there primers were. The guy said they were completely sold out and they didn’t have any Idea when they would be able to get any more. He said the US military had hundreds of millions of rounds of ammunition on back order, and all of the companies that manufacture primers cannot keep up with the demand. He said the primer manufacturing companies have geared up to make primers for the production of military ammunition only and until the needs of the military are met there won’t be any primers available to the general public. I drove across town to another major sporting goods store and was basically told the same thing, that all of the primers that the manufactures could make were being used for the manufacture of military ammunition. That store only had eight thousand large pistol primers left on the shelf. The guy behind the counter said that was all the primers the store had left and that they could not get anymore.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Primers and Walmart.

Well believe it or not my Walmart has plenty of primers in stock.
Yes, my Walmart sells reloading supplies.
Now the Walmart a little farther north doesn't stock reloading supplies so I'm not sure what qualities are found in Taylorsville NC that would not be found in North Wilkesboro.

They carry Accurate and Red Dot powder, (at least those are the two I remember off the top of my head.) CCI and Winchester primers and Winchester brass. They also stock a Rock Chucker Supreme and RCBS dies. For bullets they stock Nosler and Spear.

And to top it all off with the exception of .22 ammo most of the factory ammo is no longer stored in a locked cased. Figure that one out. :idea:

Dave

·
Registered
79 Posts
Walmart here the ammo is no longer locked but they do not sell reloading anything and they have removed all guns and rifles from the store only airguns.

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
Keep looking, both Powder Valley and Wideners have plenty of primers in stock, if they do, other places do!

If all else fails, get together with someone and place an order from Powder Valley in KS.

http://powdervalleyinc.com/

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Powder Valley http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/ had large pistol primers a few days back. They were out of Federals however. Their price delivered was less than I can buy for localy (in 5000 quantities). There is a $20 HazMat charge but in adequate quantity you can do ok. Delivery has been around 1 week for me.

Enjoy :twisted:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
yeah the only thing that has completley dried up is federal.

PErhaps your local shop is just refusing to order at the current inflated prices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts