MP-Pistol Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
ClosetCaseNerd said:
If rust is an issue get yourself some Eezox. That stuff is the HEAT when it comes to rust preventive and general CLP (cleans better then Breakfree IMHO).

Check out this heads up comparison of unprotected carbon steel and some other CLP/Rust preventatives:

Photo is after only 15 hours of salt spray exposure. Top Row: Left to right. Control, Break-Free, Strike-Hold | Bottom Row: Left to right. Rem-Oil, Slip2000, Mobil-1 15W50

43 hour exposure:

quote]

Nice, looks like clp does fairly well also. Thats what i currently use.

I wouldn't dare carry my sig against my sweaty skin though by the way. The MP def has the tougher finish. I may get my sig duracoted in "HK" finish for kicks.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Smith Shooter said:
[quote name='ClosetCaseNerd']It seems the Novak bluing isn't the thickest.
If the sights are really blued, there is almost no rust resistance provided by it. Bluing IS a form of rust and does nothing to prevent regular rust from occuring. It is not in any way a reistant finish.

Keeping blued parts dry, clean and oiled is the only way yo protect them.[/quote]

so is there a plethra of guys on here with rusty sights??? I'm going to be rather PO'd if I'm spendin $600 on a gun that's sights are going to rust off if they aren't babied.

·
Registered
47 Posts
nikon777 said:
[quote name='ClosetCaseNerd']You really feel comfortable carrying like that? Is there one in the chamber?

I could never bring myself to carry like that. Seems a bit irresponsible if you carry that way with a chambered round. Its your pecker to shoot off though....

Id never do it with a Glock. However with the MP i feel comfortable doing it. I use a 1 3/4" Blackhawk CQB Rescue Belt. It covers the trigger and stays put. I love that belt, its awesome. I do wipe the gun down and hit it with a silicon rag each day also.[/quote]

Isn't the M&P striker fired like the Glock? If so, it is no safer to carry that way.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Bradd_D said:
[quote name='nikon777'][quote name='ClosetCaseNerd']You really feel comfortable carrying like that? Is there one in the chamber?

I could never bring myself to carry like that. Seems a bit irresponsible if you carry that way with a chambered round. Its your pecker to shoot off though....

Id never do it with a Glock. However with the MP i feel comfortable doing it. I use a 1 3/4" Blackhawk CQB Rescue Belt. It covers the trigger and stays put. I love that belt, its awesome. I do wipe the gun down and hit it with a silicon rag each day also.[/quote]

Isn't the M&P striker fired like the Glock? If so, it is no safer to carry that way.[/quote]

It has a heavier trigger pull though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
nikon777 said:
[quote name='Bradd_D'][quote name='nikon777'][quote name='ClosetCaseNerd']You really feel comfortable carrying like that? Is there one in the chamber?

Isn't the M&P striker fired like the Glock? If so, it is no safer to carry that way.[/quote]

It has a heavier trigger pull though.[/quote]

My Glock 21SF is ~6.5 lbs and my M&P 45 is ~8.5 lbs. Both have a light first stage and a crisp second stage. Neither is like a revolver. If you're comfortable with it, though, good luck with that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ClosetCaseNerd said:
If rust is an issue get yourself some Eezox. That stuff is the HEAT when it comes to rust preventive and general CLP (cleans better then Breakfree IMHO).

Check out this heads up comparison of unprotected carbon steel and some other CLP/Rust preventatives:

Photo is after only 15 hours of salt spray exposure. Top Row: Left to right. Control, Break-Free, Strike-Hold | Bottom Row: Left to right. Rem-Oil, Slip2000, Mobil-1 15W50

I'm a huge fan of CLP, but I've got to get me some Eezox.

Regular wipe down with either should go a long way towards rust prevention.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts