MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a CTAC for my 9c.

Confort and concealability are no problem.

My concern is that I can't adjust it so that my draw motion is comfortable AND so that I get the right "master" grip while still in the holster.

I normally carry with tucked in T-shirt and then an unbuttoned collared shirt over.

Is this just the nature of the IWB "beast" or are there any suggestions anyone can make??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Thats how i wear mine most of the time. You can wear a loose tee shirt untucked and cover as well. A polo type shirt untucked works too. Like Cooch said , 18 different ways to wear it you should be able to find one for you.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
What exactly is the problem? Is the grip tucked too closely into your side making it difficult to get a grip...so to speak?

·
Registered
270 Posts
choochboost said:
What exactly is the problem? Is the grip tucked too closely into your side making it difficult to get a grip...so to speak?

I will not be surprised if you were spot on about this. I have the same issue with the Compact. The immediate problem is myself; I don't spend enough time drawing the Compact from an IWB per say. One cannot expect to have a smooth draw without spending some time practicing it.

Fish, my personal advice is for you to practice your draws and adjust the position, cant, etc from there until you're satisfied with what you've got.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
choochboost said:

Yes,that's it, plus when I have the cant muzzle forward (To get a grip high up just under the "beavertail" )my hand hits the rear belt clip.

I have found a reasonable compromise in having the leather pieces in their original position (higher up) and this keeps my hand clear of the clip.

I also wear it a bit forward of the first position I tried. I have it at 3:00.

Also practicing my draw, as suggested, is helping.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Another suggetsion is to replace the original leather tabs completely with new leather, available from most hobby shops. Easy to do and you can then position the holster and clips anywhere you want to make the "perfect" fit. A good hardware store will carry new "T-Nuts" and replacement screws if you need these also.

See THIS LINK .

·
Registered
270 Posts
csprick said:
Another suggetsion is to replace the original leather tabs completely with new leather, available from most hobby shops. Easy to do and you can then position the holster and clips anywhere you want to make the "perfect" fit. A good hardware store will carry new "T-Nuts" and replacement screws if you need these also.

See THIS LINK .

Now that is creativity. Very nicely done, bro.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just go and see Don Hume. Great holsters with maximum concealability.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Fish said:
Just got a CTAC for my 9c.

Confort and concealability are no problem.

My concern is that I can't adjust it so that my draw motion is comfortable AND so that I get the right "master" grip while still in the holster.

I normally carry with tucked in T-shirt and then an unbuttoned collared shirt over.

Is this just the nature of the IWB "beast" or are there any suggestions anyone can make??

Thanks
In what position are you carrying the pistol?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Carry Position

About 3:30-4:00

1 - 11 of 11 Posts