MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for kicks and grins I tried another box of Blazer Brass and my M&P 45 don't like them. After about 30 or so rounds the mysterious FTC's came back. You know the ones with the round half fed. So I guess the diet will be WWB for those practice sessions.

I also noticed something else that perhaps should be it's own topic. The fron rails on my frame are not squared anymore. The rear part of the metal rail is now rounded off. I am not sure if this is normal wear or not. I don't remember that happening on my 11 Glocks.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
The frame rails are not square. They are shaped like half of a football.

As for your problems with Blazer Brass how many rounds do you have through it? I once had a H&K USP9 that would not cycle anything under 124gr ammo when it was brand new. I wasn't until I put 500-700 rounds of 124gr through it did it break in enough to where it would shoot anything.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
m4arc said:
The frame rails are not square. They are shaped like half of a football.

As for your problems with Blazer Brass how many rounds do you have through it? I once had a H&K USP9 that would not cycle anything under 124gr ammo when it was brand new. I wasn't until I put 500-700 rounds of 124gr through it did it break in enough to where it would shoot anything.

Since I've received her back from S&W we are talking around 300 rounds or so. I don't think it is fully broken in yet. Thanks for the info on the rails, I was beginning to think I had a new problem there. This is an excellent site for information!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone tried Double Tap in their M&P? I was thinking about the 165 grain JHP stuff to lighten the magazine weight a little. This round travels real fast, over 1300 FPS. :twisted:

·
Registered
380 Posts
i just put almost 200 rounds of blazer brass through my MP45 tonight... she likes em'.

however, i already had nearly 500 rounds of other stuff through it before.

perhaps blazer brass should be saved until your gun has been broken in a bit?

·
Registered
380 Posts
i just put almost 200 rounds of blazer brass through my MP45 tonight... she likes em'.

·
Registered
380 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have had good luck with the brass ammo in my mp 40 & 45. I have about 400rds through my 40 and 700rds in my 45 with only 4-5 FTF in the 45 not bad for practice ammo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I took my new M&P45 out yesterday with 50rds each of Blazer Brass, Rem. UMC, S&B and some Fed. in a white box with generic black wording. I've been told the fed. stuff is surplus from a govt. contract, never confirmed.

Anyway, they were all digested without a problem. My Kimber likes the BB and after reading this thread I was worried the M&P wouldn't. I'm glad it did, I'm sitting on about 1k rds of it. I have a standing order with my wife. I won't give her any flak about going to wallyworld if she buys me 100rds of BB when she's there. It's a nice arrangement, but I need another ammo can. :wink:

·
Registered
380 Posts
pmbiker said:
I took my new M&P45 out yesterday with 50rds each of Blazer Brass, Rem. UMC, S&B and some Fed. in a white box with generic black wording. I've been told the fed. stuff is surplus from a govt. contract, never confirmed.

Anyway, they were all digested without a problem. My Kimber likes the BB and after reading this thread I was worried the M&P wouldn't. I'm glad it did, I'm sitting on about 1k rds of it. I have a standing order with my wife. I won't give her any flak about going to wallyworld if she buys me 100rds of BB when she's there. It's a nice arrangement, but I need another ammo can. :wink:

brother, you have an awesome wife... does she have an sisters?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine likes it, or will at least tolerate it. 400+ rounds blazer brass no problems. Put a box or two of wwb through it before I discovered the cheap wally world ammo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
brother, you have an awesome wife... does she have an sisters?

I believe they broke the mold. She is definitely an enabler, but I'm not complaining.

Guns/ammo keep me happy, and when dad aint happy nobody's happy. Isn't that the way that saying goes?:twisted: [/quote]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts