MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a while back that sometime soon the law stating that you can not carry concealed in an establishment that sells and serves alcohol will be changing. I don't remember who i heard this from but wanted to know if anyone else had heard of this happening? Seeing as how this is the one restriction that I can't stand.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath. There are plenty of people who want it changed, but it has to make it through both the legislature and the governor. The code section that provides the blanket prohibition for carrying a firearm into an establishment where alcohol is sold and consumed predates the NC CHP law.

I agree that it is a stupid law and needs to change, or at least change to a Texas style percentage of sales situation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
NC CCW law change

99ncxj,

There was a proposed change last legislative session that did not make it out of committee. It seems simple and straightforward enough, but unless a change like that has strong sponsor support it seems to take a long time to make it through the committee/legislative approval/governor's signature process. Maybe next year!

badger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts