MP-Pistol Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure which forum this should be in so feel free to move it.

Meprolight sight tool 1, S&W factory NS 0

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not exactly sure what you are asking by the timing and headspace? Steve (Adco) thinks it was a weak or defective sight base as it was less than .001 wider than the factory sight we took off.

·
Registered
264 Posts
That sucks big ones. How about some more pics of the threading option. Looks great from that one pic.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I'm indifferent... I say installer error, I installed some this weekend with no troubles, with a punch...

If it split in the first lil bit, I'd say sight, but they got it almost all the way on, and this happened.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I have also installed front sights with no problems. Your sight tool needs to push on the dovetail, not the blade. That is why right now I'm using a punch.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yup> I heard that on the front sight you need to push or hammer with a punch on the dovetail while on the rear sight you can push or hammer the actual sight blade.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For all those of you who have been sitting on the fence thinking of doing business with Jester I say get off the fence and do it. He is good people. We sent some PMs back and forth today, He said, and I am in 100% agreement that it is not a defective sight but was willing to take care of me anyway. That is the kind of thing that deserves and should get repeat business and loyalty. Just so you know, I said thank you but no thanks, it is not your fault and you shouldn't have to pay for it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
UPSguy said:
Not exactly sure what you are asking by the timing and headspace? Steve (Adco) thinks it was a weak or defective sight base as it was less than .001 wider than the factory sight we took off.

Headspace and timing refers to the two settings needed when setting up A 50 cal. If not set correctly the .50 will have problems. This term is also used by army personnel when referring to a mental laps

I.E. operator head space and timing.

Your a strait shooter UPSguy. Good on ya!

Jester has def. earned my business.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
bandt32084 said:
[quote name='UPSguy']Not exactly sure what you are asking by the timing and headspace? Steve (Adco) thinks it was a weak or defective sight base as it was less than .001 wider than the factory sight we took off.

Headspace and timing refers to the two settings needed when setting up A 50 cal. If not set correctly the .50 will have problems. This term is also used by army personnel when referring to a mental laps

I.E. operator head space and timing.

Your a strait shooter UPSguy. Good on ya!

Jester has def. earned my business.[/quote]

Thank you, sorry I forget my audience at times, what until I break out the acronyms... :wink:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
UPSguy said:
For all those of you who have been sitting on the fence thinking of doing business with Jester I say get off the fence and do it. He is good people. We sent some PMs back and forth today, He said, and I am in 100% agreement that it is not a defective sight but was willing to take care of me anyway. That is the kind of thing that deserves and should get repeat business and loyalty. Just so you know, I said thank you but no thanks, it is not your fault and you shouldn't have to pay for it.

Good call, I like your style...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jester feel free to lock this or remove the thread. Steve and I had a misunderstanding and it is taken care of.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.