MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted this in the AR area, for the same reason I am posting it here... I would like some answer's...

I have an issue, and it is developing into a BIG ISSUE... My PMAG's are not locking into place without brute force. They will lock if the bolt is back, but other than that they almost, and do fall out... I have my AR bedside, and I have a new laser device, so I went to install it as soon as I grabbed the weapon the mag fell out. I have tried this with most of my PMAG's, fully loaded and most all are doing the samething. So, I thought I would try it with my older (NEW) aluminum mags and they work perfect. No issues with either of my older magazines. I bought some from i-Shot and most from Grant, is there some identification that I can tell which is which, meaning a serial/lot number... Because something isn't right if you get my drift... I want to know what generation PMAG I received and how can I determine that, hopefully by some sort of markings...

I have the butt...

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
grant will be able to tell you, or contact them direct

·
Registered
8 Posts
Visit MagPul's site - they are aware of the problem and have a free exchange program for the mag bodies.

You give them the info on what mags you have, and they ship you new bodies on their dime. You pull the innards out of the old mags, pop them into the new bodies, and ship the old bodies back (also on MagPul's dime).

Problem solved!

Matt

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got off the phone with Eric, a MagPul tech rep, and it is a systemic problem but only with the M&P15 series and some older Armalites. The PMAG tech told me about the modification and also recommend that if you have any PMAG older than 07/07 they have a trade in program, just checkout the link... Those are some good folks over at MagPul, the have earned my business and confidence...

http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?ma...products_id=271

1 - 5 of 5 Posts