MP-Pistol Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
In Ontario Canada 95% of the armored or armed guards use the M&P .40. All firearms have to be owned and issued by the company and each company has to select one handgun to issue. Two smaller companies went with the glock 22. I don't know of any other pistols that are issued to guards other than the M&P and glock.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I carry my m&p9 in duty but here in pa most companies require you to have your own firearm unless you work for a gov contract...

I love my m&p9 and I'm seriously considering trading my g23 for an fs m&p40

·
Registered
11 Posts
I work several sites in the Hampton Roads area of VA. I carry my MP9FS as my duty weapon, but Ill be adding .40 / .45 to my card so I can carry my 40FS and 1911 if needed. For those that dont know VA guards can only carry what weapons the qualify on.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
After I retired from the Army I kicked around in a few jobs & finally wound up as a Pinkerton armed security Officer as a SGT. I qualified up to CPT but only worked that position for a short while & all other assignments didn't require a CPT due to the amount of security personnel. Mostly plant security when there was a government contract involved. I carried a Glock 21 or a Glock 23. I gave them to my LEO son when I retired from that due to numerous plant closures. He has an issue M&P40 but carries the Glocks off duty.

I now work once in a while as a private detective, armed & probably will until my license expires. I usually carry an M&P40C or sometimes a FS M&P40. Between my Navy & Army years I worked as a PI part time but wasn't armed at that time.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I had my armed security license in FL for a few years to make extra cash while building my gym. It was also nice getting LEO pricing on everything! I use to do CP for a few celebrity training clients in LA too. Now I OCCASIONALLY do private contract EP/CP work. We had to carry a 9mm when doing licensed work for a company, so I carried my old 9FS. Now, working privately, I can carry anything, which means my 40FS.

Unfortunately, even private close protection pays crappy compared to personal training! I make $70-75/hr hanging out in my own private gym with a clipboard, vs $30/hr wearing a sweaty bulletproof vest following around an absolute ass-hat blowing thousands in strip-clubs on his "customers".

Low probability of de-escalating a fight between two rich douche-bags in my gym...

JW

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in the armored truck business also. M&P40 are issued to us and I also carried a 40 FS or 40 compact for my concealed carry.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So, myself like many of the armed guards that I work with are finishing up college or are in the process of applying to a Police Department in the hopes of proudly serving our communities. No, we are not as recognized or respected as members of the law enforcement community but we go to work everyday, take our lumps, look over our shoulders and honestly earn our paycheck.

Right now I am with an Armored Car Company and am applying with the NYPD.

Do we have any other armed guards out there who are carrying the M&P?
Do yourself a favor and take the tests for Nassau, Suffolk and any other local Depts, too. The NYPD doesn't pay you what you deserve for the work you will be doing. You will be safer working out of the city and you will be able to take better care of your family financially. A suffolk Cop makes about the same as an NYPD Lt or Captain without the stress. I retired from NYPD and I feel sorry for the new guys coming on The Job now. Good Luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I started out 37 years ago in Law Enforcement with a model 15. Carried nothing but Smith & Wesson weapons. Now 37 years later in Armed Security, still carrying Smith & Wesson with a .40 cal M & P FS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm currently working armed security at a nuclear power plant in New England and we use the M&P 40 FS.

I served in the Marines and never used a striker-fired polymer pistol before this job. But I love the M&P. It shoots so much better than the M9. I bought a M&P 40C for my own use after qualifying at work.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts