MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yep, and I LOVE IT! If you like it, try Dan Burwell or Boom Boom Tactical out....they can get your pistol finished in the same stuff for less $$$! Do a search on this forum for "Teflon Nickle" and you should find some NICE pics of M&P's with that finish.

[/img]

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes, I have a Springfield XD9 Service model that I had Robar do their complete NP3 treatment on. They did each metal piece in the gun all the way down to the very last roll pin. Top notch!

My thoughts on the NP3 treatment from Robar:

1.) Superb finish. Very easy to maintain, looks great.

2.) Very slick to the touch. Can make racking the slide a bit challenging.

3.) Robar takes their time. It was nearly 4 months before my gun returned.

4.) Worth their asking price. Even better when it's on sale.

That said I'd probably have Dan Burwell do any of my NP3 in the future as he seems to have quicker turnaround times on this at present. The more work that backs up for him, the longer it will take of course.

For a carry gun, NP3 can't be beat in my opinion. For a gun that you might compete with, I'd probably go with hard chrome instead just because NP3 is so freaking slick to the touch. I can see that it would be easy to fumble a slide manipulation because of how slick it is; even when grabbed at the cocking serrations.

Here's a photo of my XD9 in case you're wondering how it turned out.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, if Dan does it, i'll have him do it. He is in driving distance from me.

My main concern was the turn around time. My M&P is my main carry weapon. So i don't want to be without my gun for 4 months!

I mean i have my 3913 to carry, but then i need to buy another holster, mag poutch etc...

·
Registered
255 Posts
You should definitely contact Dan and see what the lead time is on that. His work will probably be minimal; just detail stripping the firearm and cleaning it up. The longest part of the process befalls the company or person doing the refinishing, then it's back to Dan to reassemble and probably do a function check on.

Dan did a trigger job for me a while back and he's a heck of a guy who does top notch work. I can't think of a way you'd be sorry.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I have it on my USP and, like Broadside, I had them do the internals as well. Yes it is very slick, but with the unique serrations on the M&P I don't think it would be a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts