MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, how many of you are NRA members? It amazes me how many members of our shooting fraternity don't have memberships. If you're not a member, please join.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
I just joined the NRA last year. I'm glad that I did (wish that I would have years ago), but I could do without the weekly fund raising mailer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
I hear they send out a lot of mailers asking 4 money....they should spend less money on that and put it towards protecting us and our rights.



living in illinois it seems like our gun laws just keep on getting worse, especially compared 2 a lot of other states..I'm really glad I don't live in chicago..



If I heard of more NRA action taking place in IL I would join, until then I doubt that I will



but I guess that's still my right



and please don't hate me 4 my choice....I guess this would be someones chance to change my ways
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
Member. When Bill Clinton and his ilk griped about the NRA and it's power, I knew I was in the right place.
 

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
2,889 Posts
how about keeping on topic.



This is close enough to a poll since they only asked for members to post, therefor making the number of replys the poll number.



I am a member.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
I was going to join before I turned 18 to get the cheaper lifetime membership. I always think about it but then ask myself what good it would do or how I would use it besides hats and stickers. I mean do they have meetings or shooting outings? They don't offer any classes in my state.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
I joined last week. I got a cap in the mail along with a congratulatory letter and of course a request for a donation. Am I supposed to get a card or something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Jeff 9mm M&P said:
What are the real benefits of joining?
Like many other group mebership things such as AAA or AARP or USPSA, they have discounted member services and negotiated discounts.



things like car rentals, firearms insurance, travel package disocunts, etc.



then there's secondary benefits. The NRA makes avialable a lot of resources for designing and building ranges, and a attractively priced range insurance. There are usually membership requirements attached to the latter. Which means i have to be a NRA member to join my local clubs, but my membership is likely cheaper because of the NRA.





SO yes.. I am.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Endowment member of NRA and member of Texas State Rifle association. Basic concept is that I can't go it alone so there is strength in belonging to an organization. I don't have to agree with them all the time any more that I have to agree with my friends, I just respect the work they do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
raz-0 said:
[quote name='Jeff 9mm M&P']What are the real benefits of joining?
Like many other group mebership things such as AAA or AARP or USPSA, they have discounted member services and negotiated discounts.



things like car rentals, firearms insurance, travel package disocunts, etc.[/quote]



I get this throuch AAA. Most places will not let you use more than one discount (i.e. AARP AND NRA discount, AAA AND NRA discount). It's usually one or the other and they usually pick the better one.



raz-0 said:
then there's secondary benefits. The NRA makes avialable a lot of resources for designing and building ranges, and a attractively priced range insurance. There are usually membership requirements attached to the latter. Which means i have to be a NRA member to join my local clubs, but my membership is likely cheaper because of the NRA.


Like I said in my first post, they don't offer anything in my area. The range is state operated and I truly never see NRA members showing off any insignia of membership. I understand they help out a lot and they are 2nd or 3rd largest with membership (AARP is 1st, Sierra Club might be 2nd). Maybe I'll join when I can write a check for the $750 at once. I don't want to pay for 2.5 years, although that is a really great option especially since they do not charge extra for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PatM&P said:
I hear they send out a lot of mailers asking 4 money....they should spend less money on that and put it towards protecting us and our rights.



living in illinois it seems like our gun laws just keep on getting worse, especially compared 2 a lot of other states..I'm really glad I don't live in chicago..



If I heard of more NRA action taking place in IL I would join, until then I doubt that I will



but I guess that's still my right



and please don't hate me 4 my choice....I guess this would be someones chance to change my ways
Has it occured to you that if you are a member, you will know of events in your area and legislative matters occurring too? NRA mails out political "reccomendations" with gradings for your representatives in Congress. If someone is an "A", keep them in, if not...

My point is: if you don't join, all you will know about us is mere conjecture and information from gossip. What's 25 bucks a year for your freedom?
 
1 - 20 of 357 Posts
Top