MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well on my quest to "buy em all" I picked up what was available today at the gunshow in Dallas; a no mag safety .40 full size for $429. Thats up $30 from when I bought my 9mm compact, but he did have full size 9's for $409 with mag safetys. I really wanted one with the mag safety just so I wouldn't have the warning on the slide, but it's not that big of a deal. He didn't have any .40 compacts so that and the .45 are still on the hit list.

He also had a Beretta Storm .40 for $399. Is that a good price on those? I haven't paid much attention to them but it looked pretty cool. Honestly though, now that I have them back to back, I'm not sure why I bought it. The MP is so much more ergonomic to my hand and feels nice and soft vs the hard plastic of the Beretta. I haven't had a chance to shoot either one of them, but I will tomorrow.

Two questions:

I kind of buggered up the bottom ot the grip on my MP getting that stupid tool out to put the small backistraps on. Nothing major at all, just enough to irritate me. Wonder if that could be sanded or something. Also has anyone done anything to take the warning off the slide?

·
Registered
6 Posts
be on the lookout. there are full size 9s without the mag safety and without the warning label. I came across mine like that. and its a MPF9xxx serial.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okie-carbine said:
be on the lookout. there are full size 9s without the mag safety and without the warning label. I came across mine like that. and its a MPF9xxx serial.

Yes both my full size 9 and compact have mag saftey's. The only 40's this particular dealer happened to have didn't have them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
m4arc said:
Jagman - Are you saying that you buggered up the grip or just the grip tool?

Unfortunately the bottom edge of of the butt of the gun. It's VERY small but you know how it is with anything new. It's the first thing I look at when I pick up the gun now. The tool WOULD NOT BUDGE after 30 minutes of trying to coax it out. I didn't have anywhere close to this level of problem with my two 9's. I finally wrapped a piece of cloth around the tool edge, (or what I thought was just the tool edge), and gently applied some pressure with some pliers. Obviously I got a piece of the grip at one point with it :oops: I doubt anyone would even notice but me. I am glad though that the smalll grip is about the only one that I'll be using, cause trying to move it again for the heck of it wasn't any easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts