MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any LEO/military people here who used the PVS7 or similar night vision? Was it generation 1, 2, 3, or 4?

I'm thinking of buying one, and I know it is very freaking expensive, especially the latter generations.

How much better are each progressive generations compared to its previous?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any LEO/military people here who used the PVS7 or similar night vision? Was it generation 1, 2, 3, or 4?

I'm thinking of buying one, and I know it is very freaking expensive, especially the latter generations.

I have used a lot, all of it military, and looked through a couple of import/ civilian models.

Specifically: the AN/PVS 4 (starlight scope), 5, 7, 14 (monocle), 15 (dual 14), 18 (like a waterproof 14), and UNS (maybe the 22, it mounts in front of a regular rifle scope).

There was noticeable improvement from the 4/5 to the 7, and from the 7 to the others. Even the 4 blows away the cheap stuff. It is for each to decide if the cost is worth it. I have driven with the 7, 14 and 15. I don't own any, but would like to. I just can't justify the cost. Even though I work as a cop, I can't just justify 3000+.

You may get decent results with a cheaper set and a surefire light with an IR filter. Maybe I'll look into that, too.

·
Registered
648 Posts

I have a PVS-14 (GEN III). I would suggest that if you are not going to get an IR laser as well, to pass on them.

C4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts