MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I would like a 22 kit for the M&P I'm not sure if I can wait. I need to get a 22 so I can go shooting and not spend alot of $$ on ammo always using to M&P 40 ..... even though I'm really like using it.

So I've been looking at some 22's and just wanted to know if anyone had the S&W 22A (am looking at the 4" barrel version SKU: item_107400) and what thier opinios are on it. My other option is the Beretta (yes I said another name other then S&W :oops: ) U22 Neos.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have a 22A that I bought used. Shoots great and haven't had one problem with it. The takedown is a bit of a pain, but the Owners Manual helps in that process.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Test them both then you wil take home the 22a. I have found the triggers on the Neos to be pretty bad. I have a 22a with a red dot on top and wouldn't trade it for my model 41 longslide.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone at one of the Gun shops told me that S&W is discontinuing the 22A due to lack of sales or something like that. Anyone here anything about that??

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I like my 22A.....

I have a S & W 22A that I bought about five tears ago. It's a fun gun to shoot. The trigger is very light making it a nice target pistol. After burning up a lot of expensive ammo at the range, we usually break out the 22's for some inexpensive fun.

The 22A is probably the most difficult gun I own to clean though. It's not hard to break down and reassemble. What you got to be careful of when breaking it down is to not let the little recoil spring with the attached little plastic spacer shoot across the room and hide in places you would never expect. I've spent some time on my hands and knees looking in cracks and crevices for these excaping parts. :roll:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 22S. Takedown is a little different, but once you do it a couple of times, no problem at all. I get best accurcy with Eleys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts