MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using LCN in 9mm for my new M&P. I usually set the OAL to 1.140 or there abouts. This worked fine for thousands of rounds through my Sigma and my CZ85B. It seems the M&P doesn't like it. The 'shoulder' of the cone hits the barrel grooves and won't let the slide close completely.

The bullets are .356 diameter, which is right where they are supposed to be. I put the three barrels side by side last night and the rounds slid in and out of the Sigma and the CZ, but bound up in the M&P barrel.

I think I'm going to try setting the OAL to 1.125 as per Hogdon's load data on their web site and see what happens.

Anyone else experience this issue with LCN bullets in their M&P? If so let me know your suggestions!

Figure R

·
Registered
106 Posts
The chamber is min-spec in my M+P 9c as well. That might have something

to do with it's excellent accuracy.

On the other hand, it did make clear that dirty burning powder is not welcome as it

will cause a failure to fully seat rounds. At least, it did with the VERY dirty blue-dot rounds

I loaded for testing.

Aside from those couple of rounds I am up to 700 rounds without an issue.

All but 150 being my own loads.

·
Registered
77 Posts
tighter spec better accuracy. heard some CZ's can be fussy.

my steyr M9 doesnt like Hornady XTP's past 1.120". sure plated and lead will give me same issues.

check your cartridge with your chamber before you go shooting.

setback can suck. not good to get bullet stuck in the lands and try to eject then get powder all over the action with a bullet stuck in there. been there done that. in fact just had 2 bad cartridges that failed to ignite powder fully and had 2 40sw guns out of order with bullet stuck in the bore. the XTP's were much easier to get out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update to my original post:

I was able to shorten the OAL on the ammo I had already loaded to 1.125". This did the trick for me. I have had 3 range sessions of 100, 140, and 100 rounds and no problems whatsoever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts