MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Observations from starting back to college at the University of Central Oklahoma.



-Computers are now used during most all classes. Computers have changed the way students learn; and they have changed the way professors teach.



-There are some really young looking students. Maybe I'm getting old.



-Many women are wearing 4-6" heels to campus. Then they wonder why their feet are hurting from a walk across campus. Is fashion more important than comfort? Some of these fashions look more like Halloween costumes to me.



-Taking Spanish during a summer semester sucks. But the smoking hot Spanish professor does help ease the pain...



-Taking 10 hours during a summer semester really sucks.



-Surprisingly, the food in the cafeteria is decent.



-And lastly, I have yet to see a security guard or campus police officer anywhere on campus. I wonder if UCO employs security/police??? Oh well, since it's a gun free zone, I have nothing to worry about. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
College days are good days my friend. I fondly remember the PhD I dated for awhile after I graduated. God she was cute! Freckles and big hair - those were the days. Got an "A" out of the class and a C- as a boyfriend. Sux 2 b me in 1979!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Congrats on making the choice to go back. I have toyed with the idea, but cant seem to bring myself to it. The thought of homework with an 18mo running about the home and a full time job give me headaches.



As for your concerns; yes you are getting old as the students arent getting younger
I notice the same thing. Work in Austin,TX and have many students around in addition to the co-ops working here. each year they seem to get a llittle younger looking, but its just me getting older




Heels: According to some comedian heels make great handles
Notice the same thing here at work. Younger women going round in high heel bitching about how their feetr hurt. Go figure. The older or married ones seem to be able to differentiate between going to work and going out on the town.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Your observations are very similar to some of my comments when I went back for my B.S. degree a few years ago. I did not understand the fashions at all, but I did enjoy the show!




The use of computers has increased significantly but for some classes this is good; no more waiting around to use the lab because there are computers everywhere and people have their own. The worst part for me was the school administration that insisted upon treating all students the same and not customizing the program for adults.



It is tough to sacrifice the time but in the end, it will be worth it. Hang in there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TAZ said:
Congrats on making the choice to go back. I have toyed with the idea, but cant seem to bring myself to it. The thought of homework with an 18mo running about the home and a full time job give me headaches...
I know what you mean. I am married, have a 2 year old son, and I work also. It's not easy my friend. But hopefully this will afford my family and myself a better future.







rswaz said:
...The worst part for me was the school administration that insisted upon treating all students the same and not customizing the program for adults...
I totally agree. What a pain in the azz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
rswaz said:
The worst part for me was the school administration that insisted upon treating all students the same and not customizing the program for adults.


Know what you mean. I finished my Bachelors after I got my full time job, got married... didnt have the little one at the time though. Instead of going to some big name, large school I went to a small college down the street that had a number of programs tailored for professionals returning to school. HUGE difference. Graduated with some form of Cum Laude, cant remember which, while working a full time job, being married, playing soccer for the school and coaching in the evenings... not quite sure when I actually slept though. Could explain why I am so tired now days. Guess I still need to catch up on sleep lost almost decade ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts
I am with you brother, after 20 years in the Army I told myself I need to go back and finish my degree... Best of luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
Observations from starting back to college at the University of Central Oklahoma.



-Computers are now used during most all classes. Computers have changed the way students learn; and they have changed the way professors teach.



-There are some really young looking students. Maybe I'm getting old.



-Many women are wearing 4-6" heels to campus. Then they wonder why their feet are hurting from a walk across campus. Is fashion more important than comfort? Some of these fashions look more like Halloween costumes to me.



-Taking Spanish during a summer semester sucks. But the smoking hot Spanish professor does help ease the pain...



-Taking 10 hours during a summer semester really sucks.



-Surprisingly, the food in the cafeteria is decent.



-And lastly, I have yet to see a security guard or campus police officer anywhere on campus. I wonder if UCO employs security/police??? Oh well, since it's a gun free zone, I have nothing to worry about. :wink:


Take evening classes when all the young ladies are wearing shorts......... legs from here to there. I did that on the Bill in my 30's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
I keep telling myself I need to finish college, but I just can't bring myself to actually do it. I did 1 year, then quit. Then I did about a week, and quit. That was about 2 years ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
eh, i dropped out after 7 semesters. I have about 90+ credits but no desire to finish. college was not fun for me and I couldn't stand the classes. I'm doing much better in the real world.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,535 Posts
Takes alot of courage to go and compete with all the youngsters.....lol Happy to hear your kickin butt and taking names later!! Good luck, if I remember correctly werent you going to go over seas awhile back after selling your bad azz boat? If I am wrong correct me, just wondering what happened with that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm finishing my Bachelors, then off to physical therapy school.

Hopefully in about 5 years I will be Dr. YG!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
10hrs!!! Holy Sheep Dip Bat Man!


4hrs about put me in the old folks home!

Hats off to you, go getem!

At the rate I'm going my Bach is about 10yrs off!

I'm switching from Elec Eng to Sports Therapy. A little less math and a lot more real world need.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,535 Posts
Dr. Yukon Glocker......I like the sound of that....lmao



Keep up the good work YG, takes alot of courage to do what your doing!!! Show them youngsters what its all about, maybe even comform a few over to the M&P!!

8)

Good luck Yukon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,535 Posts
:wink: 8)



YukonGlocker said:
[quote name='finalfusion']...maybe even comform a few over to the M&P!!

8)

Good luck Yukon


I send people this way every chance I get.

Thank you.
[/quote]
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top