MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I saw a picture posted somewhere of an M&P with an OD Green Sharkskin Backstrap. I also thought they were being sold in the MP Store but can only find the black ones. Are these being sold anywhere? How did they make them OD?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

MadDog

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to give them a call as they do not show OD Green backstraps. They only show the cost to stipple ones that you supply.

MadDog

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I am still doing them. I have a couple in stock now and am doing a few at a time. They are $35 stippled and coated. I am thinking of Gray and Tan ones also. Depends on demand. I sold out of my first lot pretty quick.

Thanks CHECK 360

David Bowie

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dave,

Does the color wear off easily? How do you apply the color?

MadDog :?:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm also fairly interested as long as it doesn't wear off in a weak of holstering.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I have been carrying mine on duty, off duty and on SWAT for about 2 months so far and it shows NO wear at all. It should wear for a long long time without any real wear showing. It has to wear over time but it will be a long time unless you beat it to death.

CHEK 360 David Bowie

·
Registered
30 Posts
ShipWreck said:
That OD with the slide colored looked really sweet in that thread

I have seen it up close while training at TDI where David instructs, it is VERY NICE.

David does fantastic work!! I don't know how he has time, he works, trains and produces

combat functional works of art. I don't own one but have shot and handled several of his guns.

On a side note he is a GREAT shot, I've witnessed him shoot standing from 200 yards and hit a 8" plate, very impressive.

Robert

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oh man, I love it! I am fortunate enough to live about 10 miles from Mr. Birdsong and was planning on getting my M&P 40 done in Black T Birdsong finish but after seeing that OD Green backstrap, I think you just changed my mind to the Green T. Any idea how the greens might match up? Also, are you going to be doing any .45 or compact backstraps? Those are my next two handgun purchases and I'd love to have a 3 piece matching set. All with OD green backstraps, all with sharkskin, all with Green T, all with night sights, and maybe all with trigger jobs. Gotta have goals, right?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My OD Green Shark Skin Backstrap just came in from Bowie Tactical. Man is this thing sweeet. It doesn't look like it is painted but more like the color is molded into the backstrap. If you look on the inside you can't see black anywhere. The shark skin treatment gives lots of grip without being too sharp. Even though nothing else on my M&P is OD yet, it still looks great. Now if my Warren rear sight and Dawson FO front sight would only come in.

MadDog :wink:

·
Registered
56 Posts
MadDogDan said:
My OD Green Shark Skin Backstrap just came in from Bowie Tactical. Man is this thing sweeet. It doesn't look like it is painted but more like the color is molded into the backstrap. If you look on the inside you can't see black anywhere. The shark skin treatment gives lots of grip without being too sharp. Even though nothing else on my M&P is OD yet, it still looks great. Now if my Warren rear sight and Dawson FO front sight would only come in.

MadDog :wink:

Pics please! I want one for my .40, my soon to have .40C, and my very near future .45. Any idea on how the green would match up with the Green T Birdsong finish?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts